Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 9th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deathbird - Design Phase

Unless anyone has any objections to the current SP, I'm going to start on the Initial soon.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 12th, 2014, 04:14 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deathbird - Design Phase

Alrighty, here's the Initial. Under the new rules it's okay for me to run 6 Hero Tests, 2 Squad Tests, and 3 Army Tests, right? If not I don't mind running more of whatever's needed.

Overall, I'm really happy with how Deathbird works right now. She's thematic, a lot of fun, and adds some interesting strategies for both you and your opponent to think about. The ability to use the "X" in her power is crucial, I don't see her being very useful without it.

Balance-wise she's okay though proving too strong for her cost. She kicked butt in the Hero tests (as expected, she loves that set-up), lost twice but brought it close in the Squad tests, and preformed pretty strongly in the army tests. If left as-is I'd probably start with a cost bump to 240 (she's got a lot of potential and will need to be balanced on the high side).

I did have one problem with her theme though: she just felt way too fragile for her character. I didn't even set her up to go against any of the big guys and she felt like she was falling way too fast. I'd like to see her life and/or defense come up one at least (along with a substantial cost bump, anything that adds to her survivability will make her much stronger).

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Deathbird

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 220-230
- Give a brief overview. Deathbird did very well here, but one-on-one match-ups like this will be great for her, she should show strong here.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 220 seems fair.
- Give a brief overview. Both times she brought it close but couldn't quite pull out the win, I'm comfortable with the results so far.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No?
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? I'm definitely leaning towards a bump in cost, 230-250
- Give a brief overview. With Diablo preventing about a turn a round and luck supporting her rolls, Deathbird went, well, berserk. She ended the first round with a double-turn (OM 3 and X) to kill Whirlwind, then started the next round (all 4 OMs) by killing Mystique and putting 3 wounds on Harpoon. However, being such an OM hog as she is, it was a huge blow to her team when she was killed off at the very beginning of the third round, losing them all their OMs. She's got potential, but she's risky.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: All 4 wounds to Whirlwind, all 5 wounds to Mystique, 3 wounds to Harpoon.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Berserker Frenzy: Activated and gave 4 turns.

Map: Moon Base Alpha (with extra shadow tiles) (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Deathbird, Doctor Fate, Diablo (650 points) VS Mystique (I), Whirlwind, Harpoon, Armor, Jubilee (645 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 220, maybe a little higher.
- Give a brief overview. Despite not being able to use the “X” this game, Deathbird preformed well. The extra dice from Avengers Assemble was very useful, and it allowed her to kill a little over her points worth.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: All 4 wounds to Dum Dum Dugan, all 4 wounds to Hawkeye.
Berserker Frenzy: Activated and gave 3 turns.

Map: Highways and Dieways (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Deathbird, Captain America (C3G), Baron Helmut Zemo, Bucky, Kid Flash (830 points) VS Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan, Hawkeye (I), Iron Man (Stealth Suit), Sharon Carter (820 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? Hard to tell, the 220 range seems fine.
- Give a brief overview. Deathbird got a chance to go berserk in the first round, but bad dice messed her up. And if it's one thing you don't want to do, it's wound some Titans but not finish them off; Starfire was easily able to kill Deathbird in a single turn after that.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage: 3 wounds to Starfire.
Berserker Frenzy: Activated and gave 2 turns.

Map: Highways and Dieways (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Deathbird, Loki, Sage (830 points) VS Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, Beast Boy (Cheetah) (820 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Old April 12th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Deathbird - Initial Posted

I like the idea of bumping her Defense up to 6 (since she's nothing if not agile!) - that would bring her up to ~250, I imagine, which seems like a pretty good place for her.
Old April 12th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Defense boost and 250 to playtesting sounds fine by me. Might go up from there, but it sounds like that's OK.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 12th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Works for me.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 13th, 2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I like the idea of bumping her Defense up to 6 (since she's nothing if not agile!) - that would bring her up to ~250, I imagine, which seems like a pretty good place for her.
Agreed, 6 Defense at 250 is my preference mechanically and fits her well thematically (though I'd be fine if her cost crept even higher, just as long as it stays below 300).

Old April 14th, 2014, 10:22 AM

Alright, SP updated to 6 defense and 250 points. Anything else or are we ready to send Deathbird out to playtesting?

Old April 14th, 2014, 11:07 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Pre-yea
Old April 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Pre-Yea!
Old April 14th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Pre-Yea

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 14th, 2014, 12:41 PM

Guess that answers my question.

I propose we move Deathbird to the Playtesting Phase.

VOTES
A3n - Yea
IAmBatman - Yea
johnny139 - Yea
Lord Pyre - Yea
quozl - Yea
SirGalahad - Yea
TrollBrute - Yea

Last edited by Viegon; April 15th, 2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old April 14th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Deathbird - Vote for Playtesting

Yea!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library