Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 11th, 2018, 11:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of The Top (Public Playtesting Phase)

Spoiler Alert!

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (The Top)
Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? In the end the swings of momentum balanced out a bit for a fairly close ending to the match so I guess 185 can’t be too far off even though Top didn’t have all that big of an impact.
- Give a brief preview. 4 Rogues try to take down the Flash and brought a few new friends along. Vertigo will double or triple down on the defense subtraction, while Mandarin is going to use his Rings to keep moving around some of the aura figures and dish out some auto-wounds to the Flash. Flash didn’t come alone though, his flying friends will try to swoop down and smash these negative aura units into the ground.
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs)
Units: Capt. Cold, The Top @185, Trickster (Jesse), Capt. Boomerang (Digger), Vertigo, Mandarin (800) vs. Barry Allen Flash, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Hawkmen x1 (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Vertigo ended up going down first without having an impact on the game. I also feel as though I put too much stock into trying out the defense reduction powers as I relied on Capt. Cold’s leadership but he wasn’t getting it done. On the two bonding turns he triggered while Top was in play, I then opted to use Trickster in an attempt to make use of the double minus defense per shield set up but he failed to deal any wounds and then Top dropped without really getting a chance to shine himself. I should have just bonded with the Top there as he was the stronger bonding option. Hawkgirl was the star of the early game, then Flash was pretty hot on attack dice himself mid-game but that was balanced by not rolling a single blank on defense and falling hard. The Rogues engineered a crazy comeback attempt, but lost initiative and couldn’t stand up to Hawkman’s double attacks of 8. After this game I’m not too terrible concerned about all the defense reduction stacking, even though technically you could score -3 defense from 1 blank if everything was set up just right. It may have helped that I had Hawkgirl who could stealth fly and swoop whoever I wanted to, but I also think the other tester just had some hot dice.
- Give a brief preview. Waller sends the Suicide Squad on a mission that puts them at odds with the Teen Titans. Gorilla-Man comes along to help Rick Flag keep the criminals in line. King Shark & Gorilla-Man will try to led the attack and keep the Titans distracted while The Top & Capt. Boomerang will try to reduce Nightwing’s defense down enough to take him out.
Units: Amanda Waller, Rick Flag Jr., The Top @185, Capt. Boomerang (Mercer), King Shark, Gorilla-Man (1000) vs. Nightwing, Raven, Final Ruin Spell, Starfire, Changeling, Wonder Girl, Aqualad (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: This board does play fast and furious, Waller ends the first round with a double turn that starts to put blood in the water, now who wins initiative in R2 suddenly becomes very important. With the way things are set up a double turn of Top & Kingshark might be pretty devastating to the Titans. The Titans win initiative though 19 vs. 18, Nightwing activates Go! power, Raven pulls 3W off of Wonder Girl before she gets KO’ed, then att. Rick Flag from HG for a quick 3W, Starfire goes right after Top with her 4 attacks and KO’s him on the second one, then KO’s Boomerang with the 3rd att. and deals 2W to King Shark from HG with the 4th attack. This game is essentially over already thanks to Starfire rolling 8 skulls on 8 dice while Top & Boomerang roll 0 shields on 8 dice. I decide to just reroll the last 3 attacks from Starfire and see if I can instead keep the game going instead of calling it and maybe get some useful data from this match. Starfire still takes Top out though, it just takes all 3 attacks this time so I’m calling this game right here with Top already out of play. I’ll take a break and come back and rerun this match-up to see if I can get more useful data from the rematch.

Army Test 3
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? .This one was a photo finish with either team having a chance to win at the end and the victor’s eking out the smallest possible win so I’d say 185 is looking pretty good. Top really had a pretty good showing here too.
- Give a brief preview. Rematch of the last game since Top didn’t last long in that one. Although I was planning on leading the attack with Gorrilla-Man & Kingshark, I didn’t account for just how much faster Rick Flag makes the SS move out and Gorrilla-Man never left the start zone. So this time I’m not going to use the double turn feature in round 1 at all and just move up the 3 SS members with Rick’s free move while Making sure Gorrilla-Man is out front this time.
Units: Amanda Waller, Rick Flag Jr., The Top @185, Capt. Boomerang (Mercer), King Shark, Gorilla-Man (1000) vs. Nightwing, Raven, Final Ruin Spell, Starfire, Changeling, Wonder Girl, Aqualad (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: So glad I played this one out again, what an epic game! So much fun! This is what C3G is all about. Top & Boomerang were both really effective here with Waller giving them a double turn together or a turn with King Shark, and boosting Boomerang’s normal attack by 1 sometimes too. Once all the criminals were gone, Raven turned into Gorilla-Woman and beat Flag & Waller into the ground. Waller had a couple of chances to pull out the win herself but just couldn’t close the deal.
Final Thoughts: I used the Explosive SA in the first two games and it’s a nice option when you can’t get close, but man the Spinning Top SA is pretty sweet if you can get engaged with 2 or more figures. Even one on one it’s worth using over his normal attack to try and get in a second attack roll. That means you need to keep your own figures clear of him though, which is when the normal attack is still useful if that isn’t possible. On the defense negation power, I though the 6 range aura was pretty good, but in the end you still need to roll a blank to make use of it, and even then a lot of attacks still get blocked so it seem fine to me. Two pretty close games (both losses), one where his impact was limited and he was possibly underutilized, the other he had a pretty good showing and his team had a real shot to win, so I’d say 185 is spot on. I do think he’ll really like the Capt. Cold II design I have in the pipeline, the double Rogue turns with Waller was clearly an upgrade over Capt. Cold I’s occasional Rogue bonding, but Capt. Cold II will need to account for that cost.
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:52 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Wow, fantastic tests! Great work YK!

These tests are incredibly detailed and having three games where the defense reduction combos didn't destroy everything is a great sanity check. I was expecting to need another set of tests, but I no longer think that is the case since these armies were well built and showed off what we didn't see in the other tests from Venoc and myself.

I propose a move to Final Editing at 185 points!

Oops! Have to get CRB approval! @dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 12th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of The Top (Playtesting Phase)

Works for me! I'll move on to where I'm more needed.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 12th, 2018, 12:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Pre-yea at 185
Old September 13th, 2018, 08:47 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Wow, fantastic tests! Great work YK!

These tests are incredibly detailed and having three games where the defense reduction combos didn't destroy everything is a great sanity check. I was expecting to need another set of tests, but I no longer think that is the case since these armies were well built and showed off what we didn't see in the other tests from Venoc and myself.

I propose a move to Final Editing at 185 points!

Oops! Have to get CRB approval! @dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer
@dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer Hugs and kisses

Old September 13th, 2018, 09:04 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

While we're waiting on the CRB, any chance of a run down of match results for those of us too lazy to read through everything but willing to offer a pre-yea for Final Editing if everything looks good because we've been following just closely enough?

I mean, um, a friend of mine wants to know ....

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 13th, 2018, 09:28 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's a shame that the only test with Vertigo had her go down too early to actually be of use.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:13 AM

Game 1: Suicide Squad build, hard loss but Top switched sides onto the winning team early
Game 2: Rogue build. Fairly close loss but Top takes over early game with SAs.
Game 3: Rogue build focused on defense reduction. Close loss where Top's aura does a lot of work.
Game 4: Rogue build with lots of rats. Pretty good win, Top does a fair share of damage.
Game 5: Suicide Squad & Rogue combined build. Very close win utilizing Top's aura a lot more than his attacks.
Game 6: Defense-reduction-stacking build with Vertigo and Mandarin for control. Close loss and Top was reasonably useful.
Game 7: Suicide Squad build. Game called early but Top got a good Explosive Top in during R1.
Game 8: Suicide Squad build. Extremely close loss where Top did quite a good deal of damage and provided useful aura all game.

Lots of losses, but most games were close and The Top did well each time to earn his points. I think the losses are more due to an army power level matchup.

Old September 13th, 2018, 10:17 AM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It's a shame that the only test with Vertigo had her go down too early to actually be of use.

It would have been nice if she hung around a bit longer and effected a few rolls, but she's only a 90 point figure after all so staying power isn't really her forte.
Old September 13th, 2018, 01:54 PM

Looks good. Pre-yea at the current price.

Old September 15th, 2018, 10:39 AM

*lights up CRB signal in sky*
@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1

Old September 15th, 2018, 11:26 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You Spin Me Right Round

He's never going to be bad. Multiple useful specials and defense reduction are all solid. Stats are good too. I'm happy to see he was tested with trickster and vertigo although I'd've liked maybe one more test. I'm also very glad that the defense reduction is rogues only. None of them can really abuse it the way someone like Cable could.

~Dysole, who thinks her only recommendation is maybe one more test with vertigo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library