Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:44 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Help with proxies

I have finally come to terms with the fact that I cannot ever hope to have a full collection of Heroscape figures. So I have decided to start trying to trade some of my single squad figures for other figures that I have a better chance of getting multiples of. I figure that it would be better to have a small, but good collection rather than a large but ineffective one. I have also decided to start using proxies for those hard to find units that I can find suitable replacements for. For instance I have multiple Mimring. Why not throw on some red paint, print out a card and badda bing, badda boom, I have Zelrig. This brings me to my question. Every since I started Heroscape the figures that I wanted the most has been the Knights of Weston. Can anyone tell me if there are any miniatures out there for any other games that would scale well and work as good replacements for the Knights? Also any suggestions for any other substituts for other scape figures would also be welcome.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:46 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Help with proxies

I used to use the Chaos Warriors from Heroquest to proxy Knights of Weston. You would need a lot of them, though.....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Check out Kepler's Heroscape Proxies? - Image Intensive- Over 170 pictures thread.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I Use Battleground: Crossbows & Catapults for Knights & Heavy Orcs.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:07 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Smile Re: Help with proxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I used to use the Chaos Warriors from Heroquest to proxy Knights of Weston. You would need a lot of them, though.....
How do they compare in size to Heroscape figures? Thanks guys, and thanks Cav for the link.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Recently, I posted a list of proxies I was using for all the Wave 11 figures, if you happen to come across it (can't remember where it is).
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:41 AM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Can anyone tell me if there are any miniatures out there for any other games that would scale well and work as good replacements for the Knights?
The difficulty with the Knights of Weston is that they're historical, late 100-years war figures. There are plenty of historical miniatures out there, but they're in "wargames standard" 28mm, or approximately 1/56 scale.

Heroscape, on the other hand, is more of a "fantasy standard" 32mm scale. Fantasy knights have weird armor (see Confrontation) or weird spikes and skulls (see Warhammer) or both (see Reaper).

Personally, I just use my Tarn Viking Warriors as Knights of Weston. I know they look nothing alike, but they have the same general proportions.
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:38 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Merchant Guards from Desert of Desolation D&D minis is pretty good and they are only a bit over $1 each though they may be a tad small (along with all the D&D minis).
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...Detail?no=3933

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:47 PM

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. Through your feedback I have gotten some great ideas that I can run with. Your Knight Auggest, will be perfect for some customs I was thinking of doing for ASoIaF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
Personally, I just use my Tarn Viking Warriors as Knights of Weston. I know they look nothing alike, but they have the same general proportions.
What an excellent idea! And I just so happen to have three squads of those already . I do wish that they actually looked like knights, but they'll sure do. Thank you!

Old May 5th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
What an excellent idea! And I just so happen to have three squads of those already . I do wish that they actually looked like knights, but they'll sure do. Thank you!
A little Reynold's Wrap and they'll work out just fine.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
A little Reynold's Wrap and they'll work out just fine.
LOL. Can you post a tutorial for that.

Old May 5th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I posted this somewhere else (and I'm pretty sure you saw it, keglo), but for people looking for proxies, I recommend using chess pawns. Yes, I said chess pawns.

Here's how we do it. Each player can choose one squad they field and multiple it beyond the figures we own by adding chess pawns. (We'll often used white ones for Jandar, black for Einar, that kind of thing.)

* If you move/use a pawn, you simply swap the unit out with one of your real sculpts (if there is any issue with this, your opponent gets to choose which sculpt is used).

* If a pawn is attacked, again, you swap him out for a real sculpt (opponent's choice, but you position the figure as you choose).

* If a real figure dies, immediately replace a pawn with a true sculpt.

It is very simple and has allowed us to try x4 armies of units that we'd otherwise never have been able to find (or have perhaps even wanted to put the cash down to buy). It's cool to play some figures (Einar Imperium, let's say) once as a massive wave of units, but honestly it's not something we're likely to do very often.

For this reason, I have actually purposefully kept my collection broad rather than deep. I have (finally) reached x2 of all commons (and x3-4 of a few) and that has served us well. But even when we only had x1--we could still play with pawns and have a great time.

After all, the commons die so fast, it's not like your board will be cluttered with pawns for very long. A couple of rounds in, and you're playing all real Scape--but you got to get there with some fun swarm strategies at the beginning. Good times.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion