Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle
Why are so many BoV maps missing from the Downloads section?
Well, they weren't exactly missing so much as not all showing in the Battlefields of Valhalla sub category. That is my fault.

So I went to update things, and the downloads area has now duplicated the download every time I modified it. Isn't that fun.

But now they all show up in the BoV Category of Downloads...

yagyuninja, it seems to me that should count as a re-entry.
Old March 30th, 2008, 01:55 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Is it bad etiquitte to nominate your own map? Oh well, it plays well and fits guidelines. So...

STAND READY
Old March 30th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I, personally, do not think it bad etiquette to nominate one's own map. (Note, the singular "map." I would think it terrible etiquette to nominate twelve of one's own maps all at once!)
Old March 30th, 2008, 10:35 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I, personally, do not think it bad etiquette to nominate one's own map. (Note, the singular "map." I would think it terrible etiquette to nominate twelve of one's own maps all at once!)
What if I submit 12 of someone else's maps at once?

Couldn't resist.

-insert signature here-
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:27 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
What if I submit 12 of someone else's maps at once?

Couldn't resist.
As long as all the maps are playtested and you find them all great maps, then it's find. Someone has done it before, not from the same person though, and I believe more than half of the maps were shot down from review.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old March 31st, 2008, 07:29 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Little Rampart By: Ch1can0. without the castle walls, is a fast map. Things move quickly and there is not a lot of subtle strategy. The map is a bit lop-sided, since, at least in our play, the +8 Initiative glyph was more desired than the +2 Move one. But it is that +1 Defense sitting in the middle of the big road that is the focus of the game, at least at the beginning.

I like this map and playing on it is fun. There are not many maps that give melee squads as much chance as this one. Flyers have little or no advantage. Range is, as always, useful, but does not dominate. I discovered, sadly to my discomfort, that an opponent with the move glyph, on the road, moving Marrden Hounds with a base move of eight, can move 13 hexes on the road, which is just amazing and disheartening to see coming right at you.

Personally, I would remove the four corner rock single hexes on which the trees sit in order to give the trees a bit more stability. Also, I usually do not like maps with holes or overhanging pieces, as this one has.

But those are very minor points compared to the great job this map does of providing a battlefield for a good game. I like it, think it is useful, and while not the very best map I've ever seen, is quite good enough to be included in the short list of the best tournament play maps.

YES to Little Rampart By: Ch1can0.
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:13 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just wanted to add a pic and details to my nomination:

STAND READY 1 RotV, 1 RttFF

Old March 31st, 2008, 08:35 AM

STAND READY by Soul Shackle, is a nice looking map, but I, personally, don't seen anything really exceptional about it; so my vote to review is "No."
Old March 31st, 2008, 10:36 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'd like to nominate my map, Spiral Turrets
It requires:
RotV
RttFF
FotA

Build Instructions
Old March 31st, 2008, 10:44 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman
I'd like to nominate my map, Spiral Turrets
It requires:
RotV
RttFF
FotA

Build Instructions
Wow! Really nice map. It looks great and pretty balanced.
Old March 31st, 2008, 11:04 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Mooseman, I really like the look of your map, probably because of the way to took the picture of it.
But I think you first should check the building construction. It looks to me that after level 3, one of the sand tile in level 2 does not show up. I am not familiar with the software you use to enter your map, so I may be completely wrong about it. May I suggest you to VirtualScape? I think it is easy to use and it can produce very good 3D version of your map.
Another thing I notice is that the 2-base figures may be at some disadvantage on your map because it will be hard for them to climb onto the 2 high grounds on the sides of the bridge. It takes 11 moves on the road to go from ground to top. I can think of only the Swog Rider have that movement . It may be your intention, though.
EDIT: Me-Buq-Sa has 8 moves, too.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old April 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper
Mooseman, I really like the look of your map, probably because of the way to took the picture of it.
But I think you first should check the building construction. It looks to me that after level 3, one of the sand tile in level 2 does not show up. I am not familiar with the software you use to enter your map, so I may be completely wrong about it. May I suggest you to VirtualScape? I think it is easy to use and it can produce very good 3D version of your map.
I'm on a map, so unfortunatley, Virtualscape is not an option. I'm using an outdated flash program called LandSCAPE. I'm not sure what sand tile your talking about. The 1 and 2 hexers get covered up by other terrain, and both of the protuding bits of the 3 hexers are there.
Quote:
Another thing I notice is that the 2-base figures may be at some disadvantage on your map because it will be hard for them to climb onto the 2 high grounds on the sides of the bridge. It takes 11 moves on the road to go from ground to top. I can think of only the Swog Rider have that movement . It may be your intention, though.
EDIT: Me-Buq-Sa has 8 moves, too.
The staircases were originally designed to punish Q-9, but I guess restricting all most all double space figures is a bit harsh. I noticed that if I take one of the hexes from the top landing on the river side and put it on level 2 of the other side, 6 move figures can climb the staircases. That way only Q-9, Q-10, Grimnak, and Krug can't climb it.

Edit: I updated the link in the first post with the slightly altered instructions. You may need to clear your cache to see the changes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios