Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I'm not sure, but were the two Trees just placed there for the Tree Town Open rule? I'd be willing to review it with or without the trees, but I think we should get that cleared up first. It was definitely a good map. Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Oops, you're right. Maybe those trees could be replaced by ruins (since they aren't on the map at all.) Hang on a sec while I ask Codeman's permission to modify it.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
It also uses one extra 2 hex snow tile, and has two ice tiles left over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:05 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Jexik, that pretty much means the same thing - you can replace the one with the two left over.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:20 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
one is ice and one is snow; clearly not the same thing.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
No, but if they're tweaking it due to the trees anyway, they might as well do that (yes, one is height 0, but both do require 2 Move...I'm sure they could figure something out).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
No, but if they're tweaking it due to the trees anyway, they might as well do that (yes, one is height 0, but both do require 2 Move...I'm sure they could figure something out).
This may well be true, but, seriously, the BoV judges are not going to start tweaking other people's maps. Where would that end? Someone would, sooner or later, throw up some jumble of a map and say, "Tweak this the way you tweaked Suchandso's map." If we declined, the offended party would cry foul and weep and moan and call us all old foggies (when I'm the only real old foggie around). So we are not going to start down that road at all. We will tell someone why his or her map is disqualified. That is all.
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
This may well be true, but, seriously, the BoV judges are not going to start tweaking other people's maps. Where would that end? Someone would, sooner or later, throw up some jumble of a map and say, "Tweak this the way you tweaked Suchandso's map." If we declined, the offended party would cry foul and weep and moan and call us all old foggies (when I'm the only real old foggie around). So we are not going to start down that road at all. We will tell someone why his or her map is disqualified. That is all.
I didn't say the judges were tweaking it. I was referring to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
Oops, you're right. Maybe those trees could be replaced by ruins (since they aren't on the map at all.) Hang on a sec while I ask Codeman's permission to modify it.
It appears Clarissimus was going to see if Codeman would be willing to tweak his own map.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 27th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I guess I mis-read who you meant by "they," NecroBlade. I thought you meant "they" the BoV judges, not "they" the map makers. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old March 27th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
After some playtesting I would like to Nominate Little Rampart By: Ch1can0
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/?dlid=1424
I am nominating the one without the pillars of Castle.
After much playing on the 2 Master set version I fell in love with the original map. After I saw that he made a 1 Master set version I knew that the looks of it were as good as ever. The map has always played well and the bridge in the center allows for some quick action in the middle of the map. The Glyph makes the center even more horrible for range while the bridges on the side make for a nice bridge for the ranged units. The map is very appealing when you look at it and is just a very fun map. With the huge bridge being one of the highest point on the map ranged units don't get much love. I love this map and I believe it is BoV worthy.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 27th, 2008, 04:18 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Looks great to me. Yes to review little rampart.
Old March 27th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

More Ch1can0! Exciting times in the BoV, I tell 'ya.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios