Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 7th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Official Scenario: RoB The Transformation Circle Room 4

The Transformation Circle Room 4

The rocks in this room form a circle surrounding the area where the River of Blood begins. Fed from underground streams, it bubbles up around the rock outcrops and flows gently to the south.

Othkurik is slain. You fall to your knees in relief. This has been the hardest challenge of your life, but you have overcome it. You have not failed the Valkyrie.

You get wearily to your feet and start back toward the lake. Suddenly, you hear a deep thud. You feel a prickle run up your back. Another thud sounds out, and with it a flash of bright blue-white light. You hear the distant sound of a female voice chanting rhythmically.

Your heart sinks. You turn and move towards the chanting. Your legs feel more weighted with every step.

The chanting becomes louder and louder until you spot its source. A female drow stands in ceremonial-looking garb, she is surrounded by a circle of glowing symbols. Her long white hair and robes twist and fly in all directions, as if she is standing in the midst of a tempest. Her chanting swells to a new fervor. At her feet lies a Kyrie. At first you think he is injured, but as you study him, you see he is smiling.

A tall brute of a cyclops stands nearby the drow. His single large eye is fixed on you. He growls out, “Stop them. Estivara’s ritual must not be interrupted.”

Summary:
Player 1’s Goal:Destroy Estivara by the end of Round 6.
Player 2’s Goal: Destroy all of Player 1’s figures, or keep Estivara alive untill the end of Round 6.
Setup: Randomly select 2 non-Brandar’s Chest Treasure Glyphs and place them symbol side up as shown. Player 1 drafts or brings a pre-made 500 point army of figures from the 5 allied generals (Jandar, Ullar, Einar, Vydar, and Aquilla). Player 2 drafts or brings a 500 point army that must include Estivara and Torin.
Campaign Setup: If you just played River of Blood: Room 3 and you are continuing the campaign, place only Player 1's figures that suvived room 3. Figures that used Second Wind (see the campaign Master Rules) might start with wound markers already on their Army Cards.
Special Rules:
Casting the Ritual: Estivara is standing atop a pedestal in the middle of the ritual circle. She cannot move from that space while she performs the ritual, but she can take turns to attack and use other powers while casting. Estivara cannot be moved from the pedestal by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph.
Stalactites: If a figure uses the Flying special power to move, place 1 wound marker on that figure as it starts its move. Figures with Stealth Flying are not affected by Stalactites.
Treasure Glyph Trap: Roll a 20-sided die. If you roll of 1-5, do not reveal the Treasure Glyph. Instead, that Hero is immediately attacked by the Venom Trap (see Venom Trap below).If you roll a 6 or higher, turn the Treasure Glyph power-side up and place it on that Hero’s Army Card.
Venom Trap: Roll 3 attack dice. The Hero affected by the Venom Trap rolls defense normally. If the Venom Trap inflicts at least 1 wound, roll the 20-sided die for Venom Damage. If you roll a 1-9, the Hero receives no additional wounds for Venom Damage. If you roll a 10-20 add 1 additional wound marker to the defending Hero’s Army Card, and roll again for Venom Damage.
Victory Conditions: Player 1 wins by destroying Estivara before the end of Round 6, endint the ritual. Player 2 wins when all of Player 1’s figures have been destroyed, or if Estivara is still on the battlefield at the end of Round 6.
Read aloud if Player 1 wins:

Estivara screams as rays of brilliant light shine out from her eyes and mouth. She falls to the ground, and the room goes dark except for the light of your torch. Your remaining enemies stumble around in a dazed stupor. Having lost the will to fight they flee into the dark tunnels leading away from the area. The smiling Kyrie lying at the center of the symbols rolls over and bounds to his feet. His smile is gone. He cries out in a wordless scream of anger and disgust, then he too vanishes down a darkened corridor. You lack the energy to chase him, but you are satisfied, knowing that what must have been a great evil was stopped here today.

Read aloud if Player 2 wins:

The last words of Estivara’s long chant echo off the cavern walls. Silence lingers for a moment, and then the room begins to quake. Estivara steps out of the ring of symbols, and the Kyrie lying there gets to his feet. He drinks a goblet of sparkling water and, as he does, his body begins to shift. He grows, his bones crack, his face distorts, his features grow hideously large, and his wings become leathery. Standing in the symbols is a new monstrosity – an evil new Archkyrie is born!

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; August 7th, 2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Official Scenario: RoB The Transformation Circle Room 4

Room 4 baddies:
Estivara
Torin
Hydra x2
DCF x2

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:59 PM

TartanDoc has disabled reputation

Just planning out a run through RoB today. I'm planning to use just D&D figs (maybe some of the 'suitable' classic scape as well; knights, gruts, elves). I think I'll be using Kurrok with 3x air elementals to shield Estivarra and 3x water elementals to dish damage.
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

RoB Battle Report: Bengi's Heroes vs. Darkmage7a's Forces of Evil
Bengi's Heroes
Romans x2
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Valguard
Sharwin Wildborn
Darrack Ambershard

Room 1
Dm7a's Forces of Evil
Drow x1
Pelloth
Chainfighters x3
Ismau

I led out with 3 ordermarkers on Sharwin. She grabbed the glyph (Holy Symbol of Uselessness) and whiffed a few attacks vs. the Drow. She took 2 wounds from some Drow and ended up back near the start zone. In round 2 I quickly got to see how cool the Valguard/Mogrimm combo is. Valguard can move up to smack a figure for a 5 or 6 die attack and on the next order marker Mogrimm can use the Commander’s Strike which can free up Valguard for another run. I had mild success with this in this room because Dm7a had his Chainfighters causing havoc from the shadows. They are tough to kill with normal attacks when they are standing on shadow. I ended up moving up some Romans and eventually got the job done. He managed to kill 4 of my Romans in the room, but I only rolled 1 skull out of 4 for the Second Wind. I probably could have utilized Sharwin’s special attack more.

Room 2
Dm7a's Forces of Evil
Hydra
Grok Riders x1
MBS

Again, I led out with Sharwin. She grabbed a healing glyph, but then got jacked by the Groks so I burned it right away. I got greedy and grabbed the second glyph (another heal) and killed a Grok, but the Hydra caught up. Oops. Not a good strategy. Dead Sharwin. Valguard charged and put 3 wounds on the Hydra, but the dropped glyph was picked up and used by the damn beast. I had to move in aggessively most of my army at this point. The Groks fell pretty easily and Valguard took care of MBS, but I didn’t think I was going to make it out of the room because the Hydra was feasting. I got a little whiny here as the rolls were going so poorly. Eventually the Hydra failed to kill all the Romans around it and I got to give Darrack a 6 die attack, which cut off 3 heads and saved the room for me with only Darrack and 2 Romans left.

Second Wind Results:
1/5 Roman dead, leaving 6 for the next room.
2/5 Wounds on Sharwin
1/4 Wound on Darrack
2/6 Wounds on Mogrimm
5/7 Wounds on Valguard!

Room 3
Dm7a's Forces of Evil
Othkurik
Greenscales x2
Feral Troll

Sharwin grabs the first glyph on the first marker and finally gets a permanent one, Attack +1. Othkurik climbed the hill and traded a wound or two with Sharwin in the shadow space near the river. Greenscales moved up both hills and engaged Sharwin on one side, and the Romans in the start zone on the other side. Valguard charged at Othkurik and whiffed and Othkurik made short work of his remaining two wounds. Darrack took Othkurik down before falling to the Troll/Venom glyph. Eventually Mogrimm took care of business and the poor Troll didn’t have a chance. Not the best army for this room, but it was a lot of fun and there were a lot of attacks traded back and forth between Othkurik and the good guys.

Second Wind Results:
2/4 wounds on Darrack
6/7 wounds on Valguard!
0/2 wounds on Romans (leaving 6 Romans total!)

Room 4
Dm7a's Forces of Evil
Estivara
Torin
Zettians
Sahaugin Raider x2
Greater Ice Elemental
Drow Chainfighter x2

I gave the attack glyph to Mogrimm for this room. Sharwin moved up on the right, grabbed a glyph (defense), and tried to get a shot in on Estivara with her special attack, but missed. Eventually she smacked the GIE from height, but couldn’t finish the job before 6D from the GIE was too much. I flanked around with Mogrimm towards the other glyph, but couldn’t quite get there and still get the attacks I wanted. Finally in this room, I could use the Romans more aggressively as I wasn’t so worried about losing them. Mogrimm took a few wounds from Zettian fire, but did some major damage to Torin. Valguard kamikazied the GIE, but didn’t finish him off. Again Darrack saved the day and opened up a hole to Estivara. The Chainfighters really worked well here, pulling Romans out of formation and off of Estivara. The Raiders caused some trouble too. Mogrimm did eventually kill Torin and eventually multiple tries from Darrack and Romans finished the game. Heroes win!

Overall the scenario was a ton of fun and I can’t wait to play it again. I had a lot of fun with my army, particularly the Valguard/Mogrimm combo. DM7a’s armies were fun too, especially the Groks and Chainfighters.

Old August 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Ok,just finished my first game in it. My first goal I stopped the evil coming to the world.

Teams:

Good:
Sonlen
Sharwin
Morgrimm
Migol

Evil:
Estivara
Torin
Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
Krug

Round 1:
Sonlen: Morgrimm I need you and Migol to charge in. I'm going to stay behind to help Sharwin and try to get her healed.
Migol and Morgrimm nod.
Sonlen: Just stay behind me Sharwin and you should be safe.

Morgrimm charges into the horde of evil dealing 3 wounds to Estivara right away.

Torin: Stop them! Utgar will have our heads if we fail!
Torin tries to kill the Warlord,but only deals 2 wounds to the Dwarf Warlord.

Sonlen moves forth 3 spaces in striking range of Taelord. Sonlen fails on Dragon Swoop and on his heal and only deals a wound to Taelord.

Taelord: Stupid elf your little friend is open for an attack!
Sonlen: No! Sharwin watch out!
Migol: I don't think so Taelord!

Taelord flies over Sonlen's head entering the space right in front of Sharwin,but his attack fails with Migol tackling him making his attack miss.

Sonlen: Morgrimm! Finish it!

Morgrimm tries to finish the job,but fails.

Krug: Krug smash puny Dwarf!
Krug moves in for an attack,but completely fails ending round 1.

Round 2:
Torin: This can not happen! We must protect Estivara!

Torin tries another attack,but fails yet again only dealing 1 wound.

Torin: No!!!
Sonlen: Now Morgrimm finish it once and for all!

Morgrimm jumps for a finale attack finishing off Estivara.

Estivara screams and falls into the River of Blood and the current washes her away.
Torin: No we have failed! Retreat!
Taelord looks around "This is not over!" and flies away.
Sonlen: We did it!
As you think everything is over. The Kyrie that was smiling at you gets up and curses you. His last words are.

"This is not over! I will find another way to become an Archkyrie and I will return! And you will face my wrath and I will rule this World and all the worlds you all have come from!!"

He flies away.

Migol spits and curses back.
Morgrimm walks back to Sonlen and the others.

Morgrimm: Let us leave this dreaded place and report back to Jandar and others. Ullar must be informed that his Greenscale Warriors have betrayed us all.

The heroes walk out into the light and head home.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles