Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 7th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Official Scenario: RoB The Torture Chamber Room 3

The Torture Chamber Room 3

The River of Bloods rapid flow begins here, where the river is choked between rocks stained in blood. to the west a leveled off area looms where those controlling the chamber can look down upon those they control.

Your chest heaves as you pull air into your burning lungs. The battle was hard won and your body cries out for rest, but the fresh streaks of crimson flowing down the river tell you that your job is not yet done.

Your party continues its trek upstream. After a short distance you enter into an area where giant stalactites loom overhead. Rocks jut up on both sides of the river, stained red with layers of drying blood. In the shadows beyond the rocks you see a pair of glowing yellow eyes. The eyes move forward into the light, revealing the face behind them. You immediately recognize the creature from the growing number of tales told about it: This is the black dragon Othkurik, Utgar’s champion of the Underdark. With the dragon is a band of Greenscale Warriors. Knowing that the lizardfolk were summoned by the Valkyrie Ullar, you call to them but their blank expression tells you that they are no longer allies.

Summary:
Goal:Destroy all of your opponent’s figures.

Setup: Randomly select 2 non-Brandar’s Chest Treasure Glyphs and place them symbol side up as shown. Player 1 drafts or brings a pre-made 500 point army of figures from the 5 allied generals (Jandar, Ullar, Einar, Vydar, and Aquilla). Player 2 drafts or brings a 350 point army that must include Othkurik and at least 1 squad of Greenscale Warriors. Besides any Greenscale Warriors, Player 2’s Army can only include Utgar figures.

Campaign Setup: If you just played River of Blood: Room 2 and you are continuing the campaign, place only Player 1's figures that suvived room 2. Figures that used Second Wind (see the campaign Master Rules) might start with wound markers already on their Army Cards.

Special Rules:
River of Blood:
Any figure that ends its turn on a water space must roll a 20-sided die. For Squad figures, only figures that were activated on that turn are affected. If you roll a 1-4, that figure receives 1 wound from the traces of acid in the water. Note: The River of Blood takes effect after all end of turn powers have resolved.
Stalactites: If a figure uses the Flying special power to move, place 1 wound marker on that figure as it starts its move. Figures with Stealth Flying are not affected by Stalactites.

Rapid River: At the end of each round, each Treasure Glyph that is on a water space moves 1 water space closer to Player 1's starting zone, if possible. A Glyph can move off, or onto a space a figure occupies, but it does not move if the next water space is currently a non-water space (for example, an ice space created by a Greater Ice Elemental). If a Glyph is on the last water space in Room 3 when it would be moved by the Rapid River, it is removed from the battlefield.

Tortured into Submission:At the start of the game, Player 2 controls at least 1 squad of Greenscale Warriors who must select either Othkurik or another eligible figure in Player 2’s Army as their Lizard King. As soon as Player 1 destroys that Lizard King, Player 1 gains control of all remaining Greenscale Warriors for the rest of the campaign. Player 2 removes all unrevealed order markers on the Greenscale Warriors’ Army Card(s) and passes them over to Player 1. Note: Player 1 cannot name a new Lizard King for the Greenscale Warriors (if possible) until the beginning of Room 4.

Treasure Glyph Trap: Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a roll of 1-5, do not reveal the Treasure Glyph. Instead, roll 2 attack dice. That Hero immediately receives one wound and removes one random unrevealed order marker from its Army Card for each skull rolled. If you roll a 6 or higher, turn the Treasure Glyph power-side up and place it on that Hero’s Army Card.

Victory: Be the last player with at least one figure on the battlefield to win. If neither player has won by the end of Round 10, the player with the most points on the battlefield wins. Player 1 must defeat all of Player 2’s Utgar figures to continue on to the next room.

CAMPAIGN CONTINUES: If at least one of Player 1’s figures survives the battle, and all of Player 2’s Utgar figures are destroyed, you may continue the campaign by playing River of Blood: Room 4.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; August 7th, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:57 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Official Scenario: RoB The Torture Chamber Room 3

Here's a quick warning for placing figures in the starting zone in the Torture Chamber: Othkurik was able to acid bomb my start zone on order marker 1.

Player 2 won iniative, flew Othkurik to within a few spaces of my start zone, and targeted Ulginesh also hitting Syvarris, Arkmer, Chardris, and Emirroon.

It was unexpected and devastating as Syvarris and Arkmer only had one life after coming back with the help of second wind, and my first order marker was on Syvarris with the attack +1 treasure glyph. So I lost my first turn and two heroes in the first minute of the game.

Next time I'll be very careful with placing my figures, but it was a first time shock and game changer for me last night.
Old August 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The journey continues....

Army One: Read my post in either Room One or Two for reference.

versus

Othkurik 140
GSW x2 260
MBS 310
Fishsticks 335

Othkurik thought that he could use BOTH squads of GSW to keep the enemy away from him, but it was all in vain. Jotun rushed over to engage the GSW and Othkurik. I forgot to remove the three wounds from Room Two upon entering Room Three, but it worked out well, as you will see. Jotun killed Othkurik, and the remaining 5 GSW joined my team. MBS's last action was to bring the giant down. I used my GSW and Nilfhiem to tie him up, and bring him down. The Sahuagin was no problem. I used Nilfhiem to grab the glyphs(Heroic Rune and Healing Potion).

Army Two: SotM heroes. Q10 was brought back with half of his life remaining, Shiori was brought back with two life remaining, and Raelin was brought back with three remaining life.

versus

Othkurik 140
GSW x2 260
NGS 350

Othkurik mounts the highest hill, and brings up some lizardmen. Q10 launches a longshot at Othkurik, and inflicts two wounds. The lizardmen crash against the line of heroes, and Othkurik begins spraying acid at the heroes(after picking up the Heroic Rune from the water). Sonlen escapes the GSW, and begins healing his fellow heroes and wounding Othkurik at the same time. More GSW are brought in, and they tie down Sonlen. After a rather long fight, Sonlen brings down Othkurik, freeing the lizardmen.
NGS moves up onto a hill, and kills a lizardman. The remaining lizardmen move to protect Raelin. NGS eventually reaches Raelin, and begins wounding her. He actually survives long enough to kill her(Raelin is NOT having a good day! Drake avenges Raelin by killing NGS, and Sonlen grabs the glyph(Ring of Protection).

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Room 3 baddies:
GSW x2
Othkurik
Feral Troll

Old August 19th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Scenariographer

Room 2

Well, I barely survived room 3. My son had Othkurik, GSW x1, Goblins x1 and Iron Golem. He got me down to Heirloom, but I prevailed.
Second Wind:
Golem-1
Rhogar-1
Brandis-0 Got real lucky and blanked(Second wind is the only time you want to blank on skulls)
Mika-3

On to room 4 tomorrow.

Old August 21st, 2010, 05:56 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

The name really fits what happened in my first battle in this room.

Teams:

Good:
Sonlen
Sharwin
Migol
Morgrimm

Bad:
Othkurik The Black Dragon
x1 Greenscale Warriors
Cyprien Esenwein

Cyprien makes the first move stopping right before he gets to the Heroes to chose his first victim.

Sonlen moves side ways yelling warning everyone that it is Cyprien so be ready. Heals his only wound he had gotten from the 2nd wind. Sonlen also deals a single wound to Cyprien.

Cyprien moves in slaughtering Sharwin with Chilling Touch rolling a 20. Healing his self of the wound he had taken.

Enraged Sonlen uses his Dragon Swoop Dealing a wound then dealing 3 more with his attack.

Cyprien flies over Migol to Sonlen,but Cyprien fails at both his attack and his touch.

Migol moves in finishing the Vampire off with a single blow ending round 1.

Round 2:
The GSW start to move in as they stop on their side of a river on the cliff.

Furious at their betrayal,Sonlen's Dragon takes one out and Sonlen takes a 2nd out.

The last GSW calls for help being killed by his on cowardness as the Great Black Dragon starts to moves in waiting to make his move.

Morgrimm comes up to aid Sonlen with the Dragon.

Othkurik moves dealing 3 wounds to Morgrimm and 1 to Sonlen with his acid from a cliff.

Sonlen moves,but staying in range of Morgrimm and deals 3 wounds to the dragon bring a close to round 2.

Round 3:
Othkurik moves in dealing another 2 wounds to Dwarf Warlord.

Sonlen turns to Morgrimm healing him and Sonlen's Dragon does another wound to the Black Dragon.

The Black Dragons does yet another wound to the Dwarf.

Sonlen once again heals Morgrimm,but fails with his attack.

The Black Dragon walks to Sonlen dealing 4 wounds to the elf.

Morgrimm sees this is the time to act or they will fall and Migol will be the last of the party. The warlord run to Sonlen's side facing the dragon. His Commander's Strike fails,but Morgrimm finished the job with a swipe with his hammer/axe.

Sonlen and Morgrimm fall to their knees tired from the closest battle they had ever been in. Sonlen calls to Migol. Migol walks up to them with the limp body of the Eladrin,Sharwin. Sonlen prays for a 2nd wind for the female Eladrin and they head to the last room where the greatest battle will decide the fate of Valhalla.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles