View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I agree with most of what's been said so far. Availability concerns aside, I'd like to see Advanced Tactical Switch take place after moving and before attacking to give it a defined point in the turn (but still let you position him first), and require clear sight from your figure to Creese to activate the switch.

I also think that 2 Defense is a better fit than 3 here, because the figure already packs a powerful ranged attack and good survivability with the automatic shield. All of the other Warforged that I can think of also have a base defense of 2, which is still pretty effective, and keeping such a great defense on Creese would likely inflate his price.
All of the Warforged with Warforged Resolve have a defense of 2. Siege does not have Warforged resolved, so he gets 5 defense, and Crag of Steel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airballshooter View Post
I wasn't aware of the fact that the availability could kill it. In the EU i got him for 5€ just a month ago and the seller got a few left. i didn't expect that he wouldn't be available in the US since its always the other way around for me. I will look into it and try to find a different mini that is more common these days.

Happy to hear that you like it, Leaf_It. Line of sight seems reasonable. I tested him with 2 defense and he died so quickly with it. i would prefer to bumb up his cost. (or maybe lower his life?)
Another thought i had was to let him use ATS more than once per turn but on squad figures only. I didn't test it yet, so maybe its to much going on if he can switch to much.
Lowering his life would help keep the price close to the same if you really want him to have 3 defense. The thing is, he's a range 6 figure, with 4 attack, which is pretty good. Having a defense of 3 is decent, and adding an auto shield on top of that, is basically giving him the best of both worlds. He gets his cake defense, and can attack it too. Advanced Tactical Switch is fine affecting heros in my opinion, mostly because they will rarely come into play, but limiting it to squads would fine too.