View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:59 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Champion for a Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

I do not disagree that it is possible for any unit to be in a tournament winning army, but that is quite different from "having what it takes". Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while. The Krav and Q9 have long coat-tails. It is the circumstances under which they appear that I am seeking to improve. We may disagree as to which units under what circumstances are over or under priced, but the majority of us agree that the current system does not perfectly reflect their value. I am not saying that the game is not playable and fun as is, and I am perfectly capable of, and have implemented, all the "fixes" that have been suggested thus far in all the various forums under which the broad issue of point values for units has been discussed. I do not believe that a "balanced" point system is akin to blanding Heroscape into Chess. Certain units will always be ineffectual regardless of any circumstance or system. But the only thing stopping units like the Tagawa Samurai Archers, Ninjas of the Northern Wind (and unique squads in general), and Moriko from being as viable for their points as Stingers, Q9, and Nilfeim is price. Whatever unit variety there is in the construction of tournament winning armies is in spite of, rather than as an attribute of, the current, static pricing scheme.
I both agree and disagree. As much as anything else, this thread is about celebrating those blind pigs rolling around in the acorns as it is a celebration of how amazingly well the point costs allow a thread of this type to be even conceivable.