View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2021, 11:33 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Quarterfinals until 11/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Wow, the Amberhive Queen had a 3-0 showing in the Quarterfinals.
I think the map had a very beneficial size to accommodate the Bees and it likely surprised some people.
Absolutely - my bees needed two activations to go across the map to the Mercenary pod right outside KoS’s SZ, and in the late game I could move the Queen once to get into engagement. Flying really boosts the mobility of the bee squad, so they usually have good board in the beginning.

I think there is also a learning curve. In all three games with the Queen I had before playoffs she lost, including the first where I ran the same army against a different Janos build (with Bambina, Maekor, and GSWs)