View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: An Alternative Tournament Structure: A Recipe for Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
Actually, I could see it working for a casual tournament. It would be quite easy to game the win percentages through delay tactics, but it should work for people looking to have fun.
Exactly. I'm certainly not trying to propose an alternative for the GenCon grand championship or anything. 20 or so people wanting to play some tournament Heroscape for fun is the audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu
I'd have to run through some scenarios, but I think the wait times for starting games will get longer the farther into it you get.
That's a good point. Maybe an additional rule:

If there are more than X people waiting to play, all of which you have played before, do not sit at an empty map. Instead, repeat the opponent-choosing procedure among those players you have only played once.

As a general procedure it might make sense to have X as a percentage of the attendees. Alternatively, it could kick in when there are no free maps to sit at (I was sort-of imagining as many maps as were ever needed which is a little unrealistic).