View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2022, 08:54 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

A few month's ago I received permission from @Pumpkin_King to work on, and submit his Jim Whitecloud custom.

Text version:
Spoiler Alert!

I have been able to find 30 on various non-ebay sites, and 40 on ebay. This does not count the 3 that I have already purchased, both for myself, and the Utah scene if it should pass the SoV.

The figure is a clearly a Cowboy, but also very clearly a Native American. I really like this theming, and so I've tried to incorporate it into the design. Heritage is the resulting ability. I've had a few discussions with other designers on how exactly heritage could work, and concluded that using Tribesman is the best solution. Scouts, as the Mohicans are classed, would open up too many non Native designs that shouldn't thematically be able to change his class. Hunters, as the Makwa are classed, have the same problem. There's also the option to specifically name the designs that can change him, but this prevents any new designs from ever affecting him, and I don't like that.

His stat line matches the other Cowboys, but I've debated giving him 6 move to make him stand out a bit, and as a nod to his Native roots.

The figure clearly has a Lasso, so I've made a weaker version of Chain Grab to highlight what I believe would be the differences between the two abilities. A chain would be easy to throw out from a run, and would wrap around people easier. A Lasso must be tied into a loop, thrown like a Frisbee, and you need a high accuracy because it must pass around the head of the target to be able to catch them. For these reasons I have added the no moving requirement, increased the required die roll, and adjusted the height restrictions.

With his Tomahwak Jim will be the highest single target damage Cowboy, and ties him with Brave Arrow. This makes him a nice Can Opener for the Cowboys, and an appealing option for the Mohicans. He's still in line with the power level of the Cowboys, being a higher single Target attack, but lacking either the number of attacks, or area damage of most of the other Cowboys, so there aren't any obvious places where he's clearly better than anyone. The Mohicans love another option beyond the Makwa Tribesman, but even there he doesn't outshine the Makwa Tribesmen due to number of attacks, and durability. Besides the Makwa Tribesman is the cheapest choice if you want the Mohicans to be able to bond with Jim in the first place.