View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
4 Attack at 8 Range feels very good for 60 points, especially since you're adding it on top of the Aubrien Archers (or Warriors of Ashra, who would serve as a good screen). 4 Move is a good weakness for stopping her from reaching height too quickly, but throw in Theracus and it won't be a problem (especially with Acolarh's +2 movement). Add in Evasive 2 and it becomes hard to not see her as a straight improvement over Syvarris (similar range, better survivability, lacks double attack but much cheaper).

I do think that the idea has potential. How has she been faring in your tests? I feel like she'd be more powerful with the WoA than the Archers, especially against melee.
Well, pricing has historically been my weakest point of designing. Evasive has been a more recent addition. She was just 2 def before. She was a high priority target, and against range, or very fast melee such as Venocs, she would go down pretty quickly. She still has the potential to die against 7+ move armies that catch you out of position. I probably haven't done enough playtests since adding that ability.

Last edited by Leaf_It; November 18th, 2018 at 10:10 PM.