View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2018, 05:23 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 9.14.18]

They haven't been focused on as much, but around the same time I found the figures for the Specters of Aldorn, I also found some Hellhound figures. I've been toying with them for just as long, though I was never satisfied with anything until recently.

NAME = HOUNDS OF PERDITION
GENERAL = VALKRILL
PLANET = TORIL? VALHALLA? FEYLUND?
SPECIES = HELLHOUNDS
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HUNTERS
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

1 LIFE (2 figures)
7 MOVE
1 RANGE
4 ATTACK
4 DEFENSE
60 - 90 POINTS

Veil of Moribund:
Hounds of Perdition do not have any visible hitzones when targeted by a figure that does not have any wound markers on it's card.

Unyielding Bite
If a Hound of Perdition is enagaed to only 1 figure, and that figure is not Huge, that figure cannot move. Figures affected by Unyielding Bite cannot be moved by any special power, on any army card or glyph.

BOUND 15
Instead of their normal move, Hounds of Perdition may use Bound. Bound has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Bound, ignore elevations. A Hound of Perdition may bound over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins. A Hound of Perdition may not bound more than 15 levels up or down in a single bound. If a Hound of Perdition is engaged when he starts to bound, he will receive any leaving engagement attacks.

Theme/Explanation: I'm still not sure where I want them to be from. Toril seems like the obvious choice, but I didn't really design them to be D&D Hellhounds. They have similar aspects, but that was more by coincidence. Moribund means to be near death. In real world mythology hellhounds are invisible hunters that drag people down to hell, and can only be seen by those that are either near death, have made a contract with the devil for their soul, or are about to be attacked by a Hellhound. (which would probably mean you are near death) If you are engaged with a Hellhound, your life is in danger, so you can see it. If you are injured, then your life is in danger, so you can see them. Otherwise, they are invisible, and thus have no hitzone. Hellhounds are large dogs who's Unyielding Bite, like most large real life dogs, is nearly impossible to loosen. Once it has decided to bite you, you would need to either Kill it, or force it to direct it's attention elsewhere, to be able to be freed from it's jaws. The ability is relatively easy to get around as long you have multiple figures. Only one figure is forced to keep still, and as long as 2 or more figures are engaged, all engaged figures are free to move around. Originally I wanted to give them Pounce, but a Hellhound dying after jumping on something just because it didn't roll enough skull didn't feel right. Bound is the solution here. It gives the mobility of Pounce, but relies on the high normal attack to deal it's damage. Morgoloth is a fun inclusion to the army, because Swarming Vermnin finally has a Valkrill target.

I have attached some images to show the size of these puppies (pun intended) next to the Wolves of Badru, and the Darkprowl Thrall. They are just a bit bigger than the Badru.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181001_145300.jpg (126.8 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg 20181001_145442.jpg (109.2 KB, 304 views)