View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2023, 02:40 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Hello. Ever since I read Estivara's card, I have wished that Utgar had a squad of Spiders to pair with her. The Class of Arachnomancer pushes this even further, providing a unique class for a future arachnid squad to reference. Once I saw the Xualtiaca Fire Ants, I realized that there's tons of small Halloween spider toys that could be used. This was years ago. Back in 2018 I came up with a design. I playtested it, but the figure I was planning to use increased in price to a point that I did not feel it was acceptable.

A couple days ago I though to check for a new figure to use. I found small black plastic spiders. I would like to know if this figure is acceptable to the SoV judges.

It fits pretty well on a small D&D base

The eagle eyed may have realized something pretty quickly. These are not tall figures. It is already a stretch for the Ants and Bees to be height 2. These guys would definitely be height 1. This means that the Spiders would not be engaged with, and therefore could not attack, or be attacked by, figures that were not on even ground, or lower.

Here is the design:
Quote:
NAME = SPIDERS OF LOLTH
GENERAL = UTGAR
PLANET = TORIL
SPECIES = ARACHNIDS
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = PREDATORS
PERSONALITY = WILD
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 1

1 LIFE (4 figures)
7 MOVE
1 RANGE
2 ATTACK
1 DEFENSE
50 POINTS

Webbing:
All small or medium opponent's figures adjacent to a Spider of Lolth may not leave engagement with a Spider of Lolth. Figures affected by Webbing cannot leave engagement with a Spider of Lolth due to any special power on any army card, or glyph.

Arachnid Movement Bonding:
After revealing an Order Marker on, and taking a turn with the Spiders of Lolth, if at least 2 Spiders of Lolth are engaged you may immediately move one Arachnomancer hero, or one Arachnid hero, that you control up to 5 spaces.

Arachnid Spatulae 3:
Spiders of Lolth are considered to have a height of 3. When moving up or down levels of terrain, Spiders of Lolth may triple this to a height of 9.
Spatulae are the tiny hairs on spider feet that allow them to cling to any surface.

The height issues are addressed by packaging and theming the climbing ability in a way that allows it to attack and be attacked as though they were a taller figure.

Last edited by Leaf_It; September 16th, 2023 at 02:36 PM.