View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:09 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Ollie's Maps

I've tried to make the picture for Halo Of Ashes clearer in the first post. Any better? Thanks for the comments!

Here's Map 2:

Peace In The Valley

400-600pt armies, 24-hex start zones with a twist: each player must place at least two figures in the "negotiation zone" at the centre of the board (the negotiations fail, by the way, unless you're looking for a very short game). Two optional random glyphs.
Required sets: RotV x1, Marvel x1, RttFF x1.

I created this map entirely in virtualscape, and I don't think I'm as happy with it as I am with Halo Of Ashes. I really struggled (and, I think, failed) to get the trees positioned to both look good and be strategically relevant.

However, I am quite pleased with the "negotiation zone" bit. Instant action from the first, with a whole lot depending on the first initiative roll. Not something I'd want every game, but should be fast and fun as an occasional twist. Who would you place up there? I like the following:

1. KoW x3 and Alistair
2. Charos
3. Rats x3 and Moriko

It seems like a good opportunity to get some heavy melee figures right into the fight.