View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2022, 03:11 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
wriggz's Customs: AotP Conversions - Jandar - 2022/04/20

Arena of the Planes Walker - Jandar

So I've had these customs kicking around for a long time after painting the mini for the game. They are not well playtested, but there are some cool designs, so I figured I would share. There are obviously a few heroes, but the Squads are all Unique allowing for investigating some interesting design spaces.

First up is my Jandar designs, which include the new race of Azurians. There is minimal synergy here, but I'm not to worried about it. I also added more to a possible Palandin/Cleric faction.

Azurian Chasers

Design Notes: Removing OM can be very powerful, thus limiting it to this melee unique squad.

Orber Wite

Design Notes: Simple flying special attack, nothing special here.

Edith Ado

Design Notes: Like Mika before her, Edith is a "Terrain" mage allowing her to alter the map. I think the team of a Lithomancer is very clear here.

Ordre de Ni

Design Notes: Their very name inspires fear in their enemies. Double turns can be very effective and make them very versatile on the battlefield. I like their lawful good theme. The ability to help after death is the gift that keeps on giving.

Retari

Design Notes: Coming up with Raelin stand ins can be difficult, but adds variety to the draft pool. 210 points for defense boosters is a lot, so I don't think he would be broken with Raelin. I know the design allows for Ritari to be drafted WITH undead and use his own figures as bombs, but I find that sort of synergy interesting.

Phoenixes of Rennoc

Design Notes: Finally these are my Phoenixes. They can be annoying to deal with since they can keep popping back up, but they are tied to unique heroes, and need to survive an opponents attacking turn before being able to activate. They are also made of paper making clearing them out easier than other regenerating units

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; April 22nd, 2022 at 09:49 PM.