View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Responsibilty of Internet content hosters

While I've been thinking about this a great deal personally, delphic's quips about the rep system in the What kind of repper are you thread sparked me to make this thread. The main question I want to be discussed is: "Should websites who host users' pictures, comments, videos, etc. be held responsible for that content and the actions of their readers/members who use it?"

I would be inclined to say that they're not responsible to anybody but themselves (as an organization), but I could see where somebody posting a terrorism recruitment ad on Youtube, or photos of Palestinian prisoners on Facebook could be controversial, or Wikileaks being held responsible for informant deaths.

What do you think?