View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Rania
I can't say that I'm very excited to see even more bonding options for the Romans. They really don't need help. They already have plenty of options.

Looking at the rest of the design... I like Ullar's Battle Cry, and I like the direction to limit it to Ullar, and Squad Figures. Valiant Charge is interesting, but since Rania doesn't any form of disengage, you don't need to include the "will take any leaving engagement attacks" in the ability. I feel like Valiant Charge should just be a another turn. I don't see a compelling reason that she should only move 3 spaces, and not her full 5. If you want to keep it at 5, then consider this alternate idea for the design:
Quote:
DOUBLE ATTACK
After attacking with Rania, you may attack again.
VALIANT CHARGE
Whenever Rania wounds an opponents figure, you may move Rania up to 3 spaces.
Since you don't have a third ability, reusing an existing ability, and simplifying your new ability, will make the design easier to understand. This would function in a similar manner, but would simplify things a lot. It also works thematically with Ullar's Battle Cry, because she will get to move at the same time as the 3 squad figures you are moving with that ability.

Demetria
I like the overall design, though it feels a little boring to have even stats on this design. It might also be a bit under priced. I haven't played her so maybe I'm overestimating her, but Life Drain with a multi-target attack sounds pretty good. With Life Drain, you really want to use Sonic Sword as much as possible, unless you're fighting a lot of high defense heros, just because the ability to affect two figures at once is really good when coupled with Life Drain. I don't feel like there's a good motivation to use her Normal attack most of the time. Sonic sword is essentially two attacks at 3 dice, and that will win over 1 attack of 4 almost every time there's two figure's next to each other. I would consider lowering the defense to 3, and the attack to 5. It's okay if she has less defense, and takes more damage, because she can heal it back, but it also keeps her in check, by making it easier to take her down despite the heals.