View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2014, 07:03 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Treasure Glyph Of Shifting Cloak

I don't have Mice & Mystics, so I scour the net for anything I can get on it. Sometimes I find images of actual cards. And other times, like today's feature, I'll find a description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardGameGeek
Shifting Cloak
The scamp’s best defensive option! One additional, permanent defense die is amazing as it is, and the cloak’s effect allows for a rare out of turn movement without requiring an ability card. Once you have this item, you can rush into the fray of rats and roaches. You are likely to block attacks (average one hit from Rat Warriors, Elite Rats and Roaches vs one shield) and can escape easily. Note that you can use the cloak’s property even if you share a space with multiple minions, since you are not ‘moving’ out of the space. You can even combine the item with your Dodge ability card to fool Vanestra’s minions and protect your fellow mice: shift only one space, which makes Filch the closest mouse, and then use dodge to elude pursuing minions. Finally, Filch can even act as bodyguard, shifting into paths of approaching minions and protecting his companions - as long as the scamp defends successfully. My favourite item for Filch!
There is good, usable information here: One auto shield + movement.
My immediate inspiration is Disappearing Ninja with the movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure Glyph Of Shifting Cloak
SHIFTING DODGE
When rolling defense dice, you may subtract any dice from your roll to move this figure that many spaces. After moving, add one shield to whatever is rolled and this figure takes any damage as normal. When moving with Shifting Dodge, this figure may move through all figures and objects and is never attacked for leaving an engagement.
So this treasure shifts defense dice to stealthy movement, allowing the figure to also phase/shift through obstacles.
The source description says the movement isn't always. It's true I could have made it a 20-sided roll, but I like the theme behind converting resources. This way the player has some decisions, since losing those dice can mean losing their figure.

From here the card gets tested for power and the wording gets scrutinized. Often research is done and I get tempted once again to make Custom Tech Talk and official thread.

Shifting Cloak is very good. But our description Did say that it's one of the best defensive items.

Will our heroes find this cloak in their next mission?

Teaser: The art image is for Glyph Of Tattered Threads Of Reasoning

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; March 4th, 2014 at 04:16 AM.