Thread: Workshop Thread
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2019, 12:42 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Workshop Thread

Valledon Fortress by @antmarchingroves

Here was my initial summary from the ARV Landmarks of Valhalla contest:

I like the concept, I like the look, it is unique, the map played well, and my initial concerns were overcome. I do believe that the map could be improved with a few tweaks, perhaps making this map very, very good, but not enough to sway my opinion. As is, the map is well-done and could be included in tournament settings.

I voted a thumbs up for this map then, and I vote again as tournament worthy, but with a higher recommendation. After building the revised Valledon Fortress and giving it a few tests (the battles were entertaining and balanced), my areas of concern with the first rendition were more than addressed – getting out of the start zone is easier and the narrow path between the wall and glacier is two hexes wide now. The other changes that were made have improved the map a great deal as well. The two powerful glyphs on the map are balanced and side to side pathing is quick on the road. There are still plenty of LoS blockers and the addition of height around the castle arch has created a new area of contention. Again, I really like the uniqueness and creative design of this map. Well done Antmarchingoves!

Last edited by Nomad; February 10th, 2019 at 12:28 PM.