View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: ShooterScape/GameScape Brainstorming Thread

Next up is a pretty simple directional one.

WHAT MAJOR ALTERATIONS SHOULD WE MAKE TO THESE RULES?

This means what symbols should we be including, what new types of glyphs, what other tweaks we should be making to the basic Heroscape rulebook.

For me personally, I'd like to see two:

A) Weapon and/or Equipment Glyphs
B) Arsenal Symbols

I see Weapon Glyphs working essentially as modular Special Attacks. An Assault Rifle would give whoever is equipped with it "Assault Rifle Special Attack," possibly with other boosts.

An Arsenal Symbol would be like the Super Strength Symbol - a passive representation of a unit's abilities. For example, Master Chief would have "Arsenal 2," which would let him equip up to two Weapon Glyphs. Let's say he gets an Assault Rifle and a Shotgun. He can use Assault Rifle Special Attack, Shotgun Special Attack, or his normal attack.

We may want to include other types of Glyphs that aren't necessarily "weapons" but can be equipped like one. I'm thinking like the Vigors from Bioshock, which would grant special powers and are largely passive.