Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 10th, 2013, 04:12 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!
Re: ShooterScape/GameScape Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardevoir View Post
To be fair, I don't think our assault rifles are better than theirs, they have chainsaws on them
Real guns shoot faster and more accurately, plus they don't have a ridiculous chainsaw attached that make it friggin heavy and unworldly. Attach a bayonet, much more practical. And even bayonets are way outdated since they're not needed, much less a friggin chainsaw.
Old July 10th, 2013, 05:10 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
To be fair, I don't think our assault rifles are better than theirs, they have chainsaws on them
Real guns shoot faster and more accurately, plus they don't have a ridiculous chainsaw attached that make it friggin heavy and unworldly. Attach a bayonet, much more practical. And even bayonets are way outdated since they're not needed, much less a friggin chainsaw.
Yeah I guess my argument is invalid then damn my ignorance, at least you would be able to saw through something easier
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:02 PM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Really? I always thought they were a bit better than normal world guns not much better, but enough to be noticeable. To be fair, I don't think our assault rifles are better than theirs, they have chainsaws on them And they have One-Shots, and Vulcan Cannons too.

As Lord Pyre said, having a chainsaw on the Lancer just means whoever designed it didn't know how guns work.

Most of Gear's weapons appear to be designed by drunken frat boys actually.

Quote:
I see him as a 5 defense guy personally, he is armoured in pretty strong armour, but then again I am too used to making customs to fit with C3G as opposed to classic, so I may be bumping him up a bit here.

I've never really seen anything showing their armor to be super strong (though I barely remember Gears 1 or 2), really the whole point of Gears combat system is your armor isn't that strong and you need to take cover to survive. I'd love to see our Marcus with 4 defense, but then get a bonus for being 'behind cover' (however we determine that) Maybe he gets to count blanks as shields if you don't have los to his whole hit zone or something.

Quote:
Oh I don't think he would be offensively 200, but with the leadership power, I think it could get him there.

I guess, it depends on what we give him leadership wise. I wasn't thinking anything to strong personally; there are quite a few leader types in the COG.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:36 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Or people with more money than sense

I read somewhere that the armor is practically bullet proof, although I can't remember where. If we go a more classic Heroscape way, I'm happy seeing him with 4 defense, I would just prefer 5 is all. It also is partly to do with balancing the game as opposed to just survival by taking cover. That sounds like an interesting idea, but if Marcus gets it then most Gears of War characters should get it. I think C3G made a power for someone that could take cover or something similar, could be wrong though sounds good, but should probably wait for making powers when we come to making the characters

There are various ones, but it depends on if we make them or not. Baird and Anya may have a leadership power as well.
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Soooo... Should we call this vote done?
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Yeah I guess my argument is invalid then damn my ignorance, at least you would be able to saw through something easier
Fwiw, regardless of how real guns work, in the GoW universe the Mark I Lancer Assault Rifle did have a bayonet but it was incapable of cutting through the skin of the Drones. It was later upgraded to the Mark II model and included higher ammo capacity, increased accuracy, and less recoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardevoir
I read somewhere that the armor is practically bullet proof
There are a number of COG Armor types. Generally speaking the armor allows Gears to carry a couple weapons. It's also capable of withstanding multiple bullet shots from an assault rifle, however, it's incapable of withstanding sustained gunfire from high-caliber guns.
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yes, we're set here - I'm not sure if I mentioned it here but I'm out of town for the next week, so my attendance may be a bit spotty.

Anyways.

WE WILL BE WORKING OFF OF THE CLASSIC HEROSCAPE RULEBOOK
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Next up is a pretty simple directional one.

WHAT MAJOR ALTERATIONS SHOULD WE MAKE TO THESE RULES?

This means what symbols should we be including, what new types of glyphs, what other tweaks we should be making to the basic Heroscape rulebook.

For me personally, I'd like to see two:

A) Weapon and/or Equipment Glyphs
B) Arsenal Symbols

I see Weapon Glyphs working essentially as modular Special Attacks. An Assault Rifle would give whoever is equipped with it "Assault Rifle Special Attack," possibly with other boosts.

An Arsenal Symbol would be like the Super Strength Symbol - a passive representation of a unit's abilities. For example, Master Chief would have "Arsenal 2," which would let him equip up to two Weapon Glyphs. Let's say he gets an Assault Rifle and a Shotgun. He can use Assault Rifle Special Attack, Shotgun Special Attack, or his normal attack.

We may want to include other types of Glyphs that aren't necessarily "weapons" but can be equipped like one. I'm thinking like the Vigors from Bioshock, which would grant special powers and are largely passive.
Old July 11th, 2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Fwiw, regardless of how real guns work, in the GoW universe the Mark I Lancer Assault Rifle did have a bayonet but it was incapable of cutting through the skin of the Drones. It was later upgraded to the Mark II model and included higher ammo capacity, increased accuracy, and less recoil.
Oh I must of miss read it then, when I read it before I thought it was the armor it couldn't get through. But I remember the rest of that. I don't have much, if any knowledge on real world guns, so if I get something wrong about the guns in a game or in real life, then I'm sorry and please just bare with me guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
There are a number of COG Armor types. Generally speaking the armor allows Gears to carry a couple weapons. It's also capable of withstanding multiple bullet shots from an assault rifle, however, it's incapable of withstanding sustained gunfire from high-caliber guns.
Ahh thank you! It's still got some means of reliable defense then, albeit only against a few bullets. There was one armor though that I read about that is bulletproof, but I can't remember which one it was.

Onto the rules part now, I agree with the two johnny picked, would it be worth having a downed state in as well? I know it's not part of the games except Gears of War, but if we are going by shooter video games, in a lot of shooters you can get downed. It could just be something like when a figure is destroyed by an attack, it stays on the battlefield until the end of the round, it cannot move, attack or defend, and if a figure you control moves adjacent to it you get to remove a wound marker from its card.

The symbols should be dual-wield, shielding, flying (if we ever get anyone that can fly), Super Strength (if we decide to use Super Strength), and then the symbols of each team, e.g. Covenant, COG, Locust etc. What about melee, ranged and mixed symbols to determine who can use what? I posted a few ideas for symbols before.

And what is happening about grenades? Characters always tend to have two weapons and grenades.

I like the special attacks idea, would even things about a bit more.

That other glyph idea sounds cool. Maybe just something like Passive Glyphs for the name, or Ability Glyphs?

Last edited by Gardevoir; July 11th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that sounds good. The only thing else I would like is Superstrength. That would make it nicely compatible with C3G.
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

The only thing I don't like about the Special Attack path is that then they can't modify the way they use the guns with their special powers. I'd rather have the weapons have their own right-box stat-line that replaces the character's stat line. Then the character can get bonuses from height, special abilities, etc.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old July 11th, 2013, 11:50 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like jonhhy's two and I can't think of much, maybe Super Strength (this is a very low 'maybe').

I agree with caps, Weapon glyphs shouldn't be Special Attacks, I think that they could be more like the Bat Shuriken, or similar to them at least.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards