View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2017, 11:52 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Soulscape Project- Converting the Dark Souls game to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Good stuff.

For the Hollow. If you go common heroes, there would still be three different cards correct? It would be cool if they all had one power to link them together somehow and then each have a power to represent that type of Hollow figure.
Maybe something that lets them function more like a squad, like the Elementals.
Thanks!
And to be clear, thats already the idea- Think similar to the Thralls in C3V, you could activate up to 3(probably guaranteed unlike the thralls), but mix and match. Say you want to throw some soldiers up front but take a pot shot at a unit with one of the archers etc. Likewise the Silver Knights would play this way but far sturdier.

All in all: They will all be different heros and cards, and innately have the ability to form a squad each turn.

Quick note on ornsteins Special and the O/S duo-
We need to make sure he actually ends his movement at the end of the charge. What I mean by this is, although unlikely there could be a situation where there are no adjacent spaces available. We need to work in that there must be a space adjacent to the last figure affected to use the special at all.
Here is my rough fix, would love to hear others thoughts on proper wording etc.

LIGHTNING CHARGE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose a figure with an empty adjacent space within 8 clear line of sight spaces in a straight line from Ornstein. All figures on those 8 spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Ornstein’s Lightning Thrust Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. Place Ornstein on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure. Ornstein will not take any leaving engagement attacks when making this movement.

Also the more I think about it, Ornstein shouldnt give smough the ability to attack all units around him, as its very similar to what his special attack already provides. Full heal and some kind of stat buff for sure. A flat 1 defense and 1 attack would probably work and keep the card from being too wordy which I very much would like to avoid. If we wanted to give Ornstein that ability and smough something else that could be interesting but as they are both strong heros(and if hes wild, smough even bonds with dreadguls) and a full heal plus a stat buff is already quite strong as I suspect playtesting will show.

I'm drafting up some rough draft cards for them and fixing some wordings. I will be away till tuesday, able to check the thread and weigh in but not develop much, but thereafter I will piece together cards for people to look over, as a visual representation might help flesh out peoples feelings about them.

Also, minorly- With MSE I am noticing Dragonslayer Ornstein doesnt fit in the name box. What do people do with longer names that spill out?

Last edited by chaoserver; June 18th, 2017 at 01:42 PM.