Thread: Workshop Thread
View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2018, 09:13 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Workshop Thread

Sorry for being gone for so long . . .

I know these maps have been approved for play-testing, but I figured I would give my two cents as well:

Valledon Fortress - I voted for the initial version of this map with some reservations and I'm eager to see if those reservations might be resolved. to review.

Ruined City - I had already put in a few play tests on the original version. I will tweak the map and continue. to review.

Forgotten Forest Road - I kind of liked this map when it first came up, but felt Gerda was too strong on the road. I like Marr Highway, so narrower maps don't bother me - it just adds a different flavor causing different tactics. to review.

Just some feedback:

RE: Swamp Fire - The original for this map came in before my time as judge . . . Looking at the current build, I get really worried about a map where the central high ground can hit both start zones and both glyphs. Quick ranged figures and Zelrig would love this map.

And one map that has not had a determination for play-testing:

Halcyon - Although the original came up before my time as an ARV judge, I did put it into tournament play and got a few side games in as well. I did not think the map was tournament worthy. We were all frustrated that the pairs of single rock/glaciers toppled numerous times during games. We also noticed that melee armies had a tough go of it. The only changes on this map are the glyphs and placement of Wannock. I do like that Wannock was moved (the ice side of the map saw little play). I will need to be convinced by other judges who spent valuable time reviewing this map initially that the changes are enough to warrant another round of play-tests. For now, I will abstain. I am prepared to render a verdict on play-testing if others abstain as well.

I hope I didn't miss anything . . . let me know if I did.