Thread: Value?
View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VendettaUF View Post
Heroscape isn't as cheep as some of you are making it out to be...at least not for those of us getting into it now. Particularly if you are buying multiple commons. Some of you guys get lucky and find stuff on clearence....and thats the only reason its cheap...once you buy 3 commons from each wave....8-12 a pack adds up fast.
Amen to that! But I'd say keep your collection and go with customs. Saves lots of time and money.
I've been at this for about a year and a half and spent around 1000$ I figure. That might sound crazy but I have gotten every expansion for the game and 2-3 muliples. I have seen the prices for warhammer and I think I could have a fairly tiny army for that (maybe).

As for customs I'm not sure about the cheeper price. Buying figures from other games can be pricy, especially if you want something specific. I went with Confrontation for squads and paided about 12$ for enough figures for 2 squads. My custom set of longbowmen and Purtians x 2, Riflemen and Spearmen x 2, Vipers (5 total) , and Heroes pac likely cost me about 75$ in figures alone, let alone shipping, glue for rebasing, extra figures to get bases from, card printing, and the time to put it all together.

I also created a Transformers expansion which likely cost about 40$ for 6 figures and then there was the rebasing and card printing expense.

All in all, I love my customes, but I can tell you the ~90$ I spend for 2x commons and 1 unique is much cheeper.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs