Thread: Diplomacy
View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2017, 02:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Diplomacy

I recall playing Risk in my teens and one of my friends would play yellow the other black. They always went for a Team Bumble Bee win. It was annoying and made playing for 3rd the true victory.

Its funny. I couldn't trust France since I thought they would take one of my centers at their first opportunity and slowing chip away at me or surround me to take me out later. I trusted Austria since there was always (to me at least) a bigger fish to fry (EF then Russia). It seems I was wrong in both situations.

Maybe it is the Canadian in me, but I have noticed that there are cultural differences. IT seemed both Austria and France were "annoyed" when I didn't just come out and say what I wanted or expected. I noted it cause in games I have played my rivals also often have a softer approach, which also works well in non-zero sum games like Catan. When I play with my South African or Spanish friend, they communicate much more direct, as the players here did as well. Open threats and demands feel unnatural, where as fence minding is.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs