View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:47 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: My Heroscape Class

Wow, thanks for the overwhelmingly positive responses, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Awesome, PK! Playing board games is a good way to build math and critical thinking skills.

~Aldin, edumacatedly
In additon to playing the game, I plan to do some squad-draft-based math later on.

Aubrien Archers x 3 = 210

That sort of thing. Do it backwards, and you have division. That actually helped my brother understand multiplication better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Dang PK, you may as well have just given them all bags of crack.
That's what I'm aiming for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron View Post
Good job PK!

Several kids parents contacted me later about how their son wouldn't stop talking about the game and how/where they could get it.

I'd expect the same from your bunch...
I fully expect the mom that got involved with the game to ask how much it is and where to get it next week. Her son was extremely ecstatic about the game, proclaiming it "awesome!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
That's great PK. If you want another tool to try and convince the parents that it's worthwhile you're welcome to wave these probability notes around while saying "look: this is college-level work".
I will definitely print those out and look them over, if just to show people that harder concepts can be applied to a so-called "kids game." But it seems I might be able to introduce some basic algebra, too.