View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

As of the very first engagement, flags are flying.
Flee From Light is currently like Disappearing Ninja - It may need to be like Scatter
In other words, it feels weird that they aren't fleeing in response to being shot at.
Note: these are initial thoughts. Their retaliation OM hasn't happened yet.

And sure enough Beware Of Sleestak is actually quite cool. Guy in white could have "dropped" into engagement on both Kyrie. Instead he's in assassin position. Note: Unlike Zombies Rise Again, newly placed Sleestak may move and attack. That's a 12 or so space strike range. Note2: He's also in Flee distance.

I'm actually liking their quirks and drawbacks. As they die, more emerge. It's very strong, but if you successfully kill them all in one turn, they're done. Most importantly tho, they feel like the characters they represent.

They were able to deep strike raid assassinate Atlaga, a 50 Point figure by expending like three squads or 150 figure points before being chased underground for good with 22 odd figures remaining.
It was an experience. They have powerful abilities attached to reasonable but not overpowered bodies. Most armies will have ranged units to take these out. Many battlefields won't even have dungeon or shadow spaces to Flee to. But overall, there is a big flavor win. When creating customs, the goal isn't to make the strongest figure possible but to make a figure that isn't redundant. These fit a different roll. More like Venocs or Airborne Elite or even Zombies. They're just cool. I worded their powers so I understand what I'm looking at. These just now have a vote to go through to see if others understand what's going on.
PS: the current wording doesn't address engagements. So I do have that to work on before a final vote.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; March 16th, 2018 at 11:25 PM.