View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: UPDATED: Best Thread Library - Theory, Strategy, Meta, e

I hear what you are saying. For example there are a few Art of War heroscape threads. This is just a collection of threads where someone took the time to try to say something meaningful.

Sure, I could boil it down, but then it would only be UPC, Jexik, and a few other Authors.

I think having different opinions and highlighting people who make an effort is worth something, even if some of what they say may be incorrect. After reading all of them, I don't remember thinking - "Wow that is totally wrong!". I know there is lots of repeatition, but that is to be expected.

I think in a place where a thread saying someone Spoted a heroscape figure on TV can get 20 replies and a thread comparing a figure to a politian can get over 60, It is okay to highlight any thread that tries to improve the quality of this game. Many of the threads I highlight only get single digit responses. A few pages of writing on Heroscape is nothing compared to libraries of books written on Chess, Bridge or anyother simple but deep game. This is a tribute to all those that seek to raise Heroscape up, even if their attempt is flawed, they still deserve praise, they deserve a place in my Library.

That Said, I think some re-organization is of value.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; June 17th, 2013 at 09:29 AM.