View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2023, 06:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The Last Kingdom just went live, and only costs $55 (plus shipping), for which you get a free pack of card sleeves. There are no Stretch Goals or Add Ons; its a very straightforward offering. I backed it right away. The game looks very good and is also very thematic to the TV show, and is designed by John D. Clair.

I'm now watching the final 5th Season of the TV Series on my new Blue Ray set. The sequel movie is coming out this month.
Hmmmmm, I like Gamelyn Games, and this game looks neat, but also not amazing. I'll probably wait until I can play it with a friend and maybe get it from retail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
unmatched: tales to amaze dropped a few days ago. I love the simplicity of the unmatched engine and this looks like a cool variant.
I'm on the fence about whether to back; the price doesn't look much different than what I'd pay for retail and the kickstarter exclusives don't seem that great, no stretch goals to push for, and it doesn't look like it needs my backing to succeed.

The only thing that makes me second guess is that there are some Unmatched sets that are hard to get a hold of these days, and I can probably get them from the Pledge Manager? But it sounds like the only things they'll have in the Pledge Manager are sets they have for sale on their website.
All fair points. Restoration has been good? About being upfront about stretch goals so the fomo is reduced. I'm happy to support a developer I like at such an early stage and I like have a Kickstarter in the pipe even if it's a year out.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs