View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Most Enticing Unit

Excellent ideas everyone, I'll roll some in.

The playing/teaching angle is not such a big deal. They'll see it all tomorrow, but it'll be a different session next week (maybe even later) where they learn, so unless there's anything they fall in love with and insist on, I can take that as a separate issue.

What I usually do to teach this size group (probably about 6) is have them play one-on-one games with small (~250pts) pre-built armies. Before I stumbled on this, everyone spent far too long examining cards---to learn I think it's best to get in there and roll the dice, the unit preferences can come later. The armies I use tend to have one huge showpiece unit and then a squad (and another hero if there's space) and are definitely taken from the more straightforward end of the spectrum.