View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2024, 08:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: wriggz's Customs: Battle Ball - 2024-03-28

It looks like I had uploaded the Attack reduction version for Amuro. I had tested both, and found the Attack reduce version to be boring as once he was down to 2 attack, he was tough to bring down, but couldn't move much. The Defense reduction is more aggressive and fun to play. I'm keeping both versions up for posterity.

Battle Ball Converted – Catch All
Here is my last batch from the Battle Ball box.

Clawborg Brothers

The Clawborg take a cue from the Incendiborgs redundant systems but with a twist. While they can shrug off an attack each subsequent turn there is a chance they will fail. The math is not intuitive, but with 1 marker there is a 10% chance of destruction, right up to 25% when all 4 makers are placed. It is possible for the Brothers to survive 4 attacks and then finally fall to enemy attack, or only receive one marker and fall to bad Volatile roles on the next two turns. They can be brutal in the endgame as clean up units, frustrating an opponent whose strongest attacks are negated, but that frustration quickly dissipates when they self destruct.

Prima 7

This figure didn’t fit into any of the squads, and it always nice to add another hero to HEROscape. I have a couple of sleek robotic figures which are different enough from any existing Soulborg armies that I decided to add them to Aquilla. Prima 7 hits fast, but unless she destroys her target always ends her turn engaged. While 5 defense is high, she only has 2 life, so it does not take much to take her down. With her speed and multiple attack she can act as a decent glyph grabber, but also useful in clean up.

Blitzen

Another odd figure, I’m always looking for units to add to Jandar. I know that the Knights of Weston don’t need another Human Champion, but the theme of Human Champion fit well with the mini, so I could not resist. I opted to reduce defense instead of increase attack since this limits his damage potential to Heros while keeping him a danger to Squads. Unlike Prima Blitzen falls fast with his messily 2 defense, but makes up for it with his bonding synergies. Interestingly you could choose him as the Macdirk’s champion and retreat with him when he gets too many wounds, keeping the Macdirts rolling with up to 7 attack dice.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs