View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Confred's Customs *3/9* - TMNT: Leonardo Teams PlayTest

Naming Powers
My philosophy on naming powers in Heroscape is to tune it to be as generic as possible. This way the power can be used on different characters and in different contexts and gain bonus cool points for having those different contexts. For example, a heavy mounted knight squad could surely have 'Trample Stomp.' Secondly, having the power not directly reference the inspiration garners cool points when the player makes that connection.
Say for example we were making 'The Tick' instead of having a power named SPOOOON! the power is 'Warcry', then that ability can not only be reused, but fans of The Tick can make that connection and yell out SPOOOON! in person when activating the power. With the power as the quote name in place, people that aren't fans, those that don't know the character are isolated and the actual effect is unclear. He is doing a warcry. Call it as such. For that player they now know he is doing a cry to enhance his bravery and not using a spoon as a hidden weapon or something. And perhaps then, since the character is a specific hero, they can connect the points that The Tick has a specific warcry, which then in turn, according to Wikipedia, would be SPOOOON!.

With that said, I think I am going to rename 'Fearless Leader' to 'Squad Movement'.
Protector 14 will also change eventually. I am thinking something with 'Dash','Saving', 'Parry', or 'Riposte' in the name.. Even 'Intercept Attack'.. still brainstorming. But Protector 14 is definitely a placeholder.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; March 12th, 2010 at 02:01 AM.