View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2021, 12:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Re-Submission

Here is the tune up from a few weeks ago. I think this iteration fits in more with the expectations of Hunters, with 2 man squads and provides a bit different of a playstyle.

It doesn't create a wall of no hitzones anymore and it doesn't touch the thought space of "Hunters Heroes" anymore. Nothing has changed in their leftbox or their bio (not that the bio matters). Some people have brought up similarities to Beakface Sneaks as a 2 man peer, I'd like to point out that Evasive is distinctly different than Stealthy in what it communicates as a power in both function and theme (props to Preyblood Thrall btw, it's a fun unit).

THE HUNT, is the name I finally settled on for their main power. It differs from the 2 powers it is inspired from in current scape because it is 1. tribal, 2. has specific requirements that communicate a generalized theme, 3. sets the unit up to like being "unengaged" to get perks and aggressive on the play.

Let me know what you think of the latest iteration. I think I have addressed all the previous concerns about fun/unfun gameplay.

WULFLING HUNTERS

GENERAL = ULLAR
PLANET = FEYLUND
SPECIES = WULFLING
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HUNTERS
PERSONALITY = FEARSOME
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50

THE HUNT
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, if the Wulfling Hunters wounded an enemy figure then you may take an additional turn with a Wulfling Army Card that you control. All figures taking a turn with THE HUNT must be unengaged at the start of their turn.

STEALTHY 3
When an unengaged Wulfling Hunter is attacked with a normal or special attack, add 3 defense dice to the defending Wulfling Hunter.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ng_hunters.jpg
I'm going to vote to review, but I will air my two concerns here, Since both are game play related and you cannot always theoryscape those.

1. Hunters and the Hunt. The theme presented is that these guys are hunters. The hunt implys that when something bleeds or yells when wounded it attracts other Hunters to join in. This is a classic Scout/Hunter trope and is perfect for heroscape. However if they play like, cool you killed something on the far right and now can attack on the far left, or pull reinforcements from all the way back in the start zone, it will feel more like a cheat then a hunt.

2. Special Attacks should be special. I'm not a fan of getting around special attacks just because, but again this will be noticeable in testing, since having this buff should come with a cost increase.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs