View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2021, 01:57 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 1] PYRIA (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Thanks for the playtest, S1R_ART0R1US.

Part of the point of the special attack is to force her to be dangerously bold in placement, high-risk high-reward. Splitting the beams is a key part of that.

As for Lava Resistant, it's something we discussed. Just because a figure does fire stuff doesn't necessarily make it Lava Resistant, though. It wouldn't be a problematic addition, but we decided to keep the unit to single power (which is mildly complex).
My take is that it's a high-risk, moderate reward move. If I can keep her on height I can still get a 4 die attack off, and I can get it at longer range. I don't affect as many figures that way, but she's more survivable.