View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: dok's maps - stairway to heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
I like the map- not so much digging the name, though. Seems a bit more like... Stairway to Platform.
Yeah, I have to credit ollie for the song-as-map-name concept. I was looking for some stairway-themed name, and really, it's the most obvious one.
Gimme Three Steps? Though it would be better if the song was called Gimme Three-and-a-Half Steps, I suppose.
Damn, you're good. I bet you're handy to have at a pub quiz during those match-lyrics-to-song-title questions.
If that's true it's because of the huge fraction of my life (and money) that I've spent in pubs picking up all the random useless bits of knowledge! In pub quizzes I usually find that the bits of trivia I know don't match the questions very well---I either know enough to write a short essay on the topic rather than a one word answer (the unfortunately scarce math questions for example) or don't have the slightest clue what is going on (the unfortunately common which-minor-celebrity-did-something-not-that-interesting-this week questions, say.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
EDIT2. I can't download it for some reason---I couldn't do your version of Halfway Up The Downs either; I wonder what's up.
I'm stumped. I'd guess it was my version of distiller, but that can't be it since you were able to open one of my files when it was e-mailed to you. I must be doing something strange/different in my uploading, but I haven't a clue what it could be. Anyway, I'll e-mail you a copy after I fix it.
I suspect that it is something between me and the site. I'll try and do some more downloading before taking it to the admins and see if I can spot a common thread among the problems. As you say, I've had no trouble at all with the stuff you emailed directly. I'm using Safari on a Mac if any more technically savvy people than me have any ideas what might be happening.