View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Detention Center Visit by Elizabeth Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thanks for sharing that.

I thought it was your story at first and I was thinking you are pretty hard core and that you must know someone with some pull to gain access like that.

Such a terrible situation and I have no idea what the solution is but I feel like we need to invest in a bigger infrastructure along the border. Not a wall though, they will just tunnel under that.
The only thing that will stop migrants from coming to the US is to make the US worse or similar than where they are coming from (the reason why Scandinavians, Australians and Canadians aren't knocking down the gates) or help the places they are running from improve.

Or you know, you could welcome people the US and start driving growth through a population increase like the US experienced throughout the 1900's. More consumers is the quickest way to grow and economy.

Harley Davidson is not building a factory in Thailand because it costs too much to builds bikes in the US, it is because so few people can afford a unnecessary expense. As long as wealth is consolidated, there will be fewer consumers and the economy will stall. Pump more money in to the hands of more people that are willing to spend it, and you will get gains. Pump money into people who already have lots and you will have richer people. Simple math.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs