View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:09 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Dr. Leonard McCoy - Playtesting Phase

The Book of Dr. Leonard McCoy

Trekscape

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure to be determined after their release.

TBA

Background:
TBA

Dr. Leonard McCoy

Starfleet
Human
Unique Hero
Doctor
Merciful
Medium 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3
POINTS 70

I'M A DOCTOR...
After revealing an Order Marker on a wounded small or medium Hero figure you control that is adjacent to Dr. Leonard McCoy, and before using any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-12, nothing happens. If you roll a 13 or higher, remove up to 2 wound markers from that Hero's Army Card.

...NOT A FIGHTER
When Dr. Leonard McCoy attacks, subtract one skull from whatever is rolled. When Dr. Leonard McCoy uses his Stun ability, add one skull to whatever is rolled.

LANDING PARTY
Dr. Leonard McCoy may roll one additional defense die and may add 2 to his 20-sided die rolls for each friendly Human Captain or Vulcan Commander that are in clear sight of Dr. Leonard McCoy, to a maxiumum of 2 additional defense dice and an additional four to his 20-sided rolls.

Character Bio - Leonard H. McCoy, MD was a noted physician and scientist of the 23rd and 24th centuries. McCoy was an accomplished surgeon, physician, psychologist, and exobiologist, and was also considered an expert in space psychology. As ship's surgeon and chief medical officer, he served aboard the USS Enterprise and USS Enterprise-A for a combined twenty-seven years.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

• _________________________________________________________________
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
Other:
  • N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
Other:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Playtest Results-

• (Insert first playtest here)
  • (Insert second playtest here)
  • (Insert third playtest here)

Design Notes:
I wanted to have McCoy be a utility figure, in the back of the army healing. And of course, there is the synergy with Kirk and Spock to consider, so I came up with a bonus for him when they are on the battlefield. The only thing I'm not happy while this minute is the wording for Landing Party. Suggestions are welcome. And lastly, I wanted to reflect the fact that McCoy is a strict follower of ther hippocratic oath. A perfect example of this is in Mirror, Mirror where he actually stops to heal the Mirror Spock before rejoining the group (yes, that was a plot device to get allow the Mirror Spock to catch up to Kirk and the others, but that's only one example).

Last edited by wulfhunter667; August 15th, 2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Typo, minor tweaks and reformatting.