Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of The Batmobile (JL) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=60244)

IAmBatman January 13th, 2022 07:31 AM

The Book of The Batmobile (JL)

The Book of The Batmobile (JL)

C3G DC WAVE 47
TRINITY

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...tmobile-JL.png
Vehicle PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Hot Wheels figure.
Its model name is Justice League Batmobile Diecast Car.

Character Bio - When Batman rides into battle against the worst villains of the Justice League, he makes sure he brings a Batmobile ready for anything!

-Type of Destructible Object-
  • Vehicle Destructible Object: See rules for Destructible Objects HERE. See HERE for optional C3G Destructible Object rules.
  • Crossover Symbol: The Crossover Symbol next to The Batmobile's name indicates that it is draftable into the same army with other The Batmobile cards. See C3G's Secret Identity Rules.
  • Base Clarification: The Batmobile is a double-based figure.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Vehicle, The Batmobile has these Vehicle Synergies.
  • The Batmobile gets 1 Justice League Marker for each Champion you control, and can activate its Mobile League Support special power when Bruce Wayne is its Driver.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Re: The Book of Batmobile (JL) - Breathing

NAME = THE BATMOBILE https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...mbol_black.png
DESIGNATION = VEHICLE DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT

COVER = FULL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE VEHICLE
OCCUPANCY = 2
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 3

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 250

MOBILE LEAGUE SUPPORT

At the start of the game, place 1 blue Justice League Marker on this card for each Unique Champion Hero you control, to a maximum of 2. If the Batmobile's driver has the identity of Bruce Wayne, before attacking with the Batmobile you may choose a Unique Hero you control without a Justice League Marker on its card and move one from this card to the chosen figure’s card. If you do, enemy figures adjacent to at least one of your figures roll 2 fewer defense dice for the rest of this player turn.

ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLE
The Batmobile does not have to stop its movement when entering water spaces, only counts Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow as 1 space when moving, does not count a space for the first level when moving up levels of height, and may move through all unoccupied destructible objects. After moving, roll one unblockable attack die against each destructible object it moved through.

RAIL GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2 + Special.
Once per round, choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. Roll X additional attack dice, where X is the minimum number of spaces between the Batmobile and the chosen figure.

Mini Picture
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1610226095

fret_gurglo January 13th, 2022 02:12 PM

For the first power, which turn does the figure receive the defense reduction bonus? I think it's meant to be just the one turn immediately after moving the marker. If so, may I suggest:

MOBILE LEAGUE COMMAND CENTER
At the start of the game, place 1 blue Justice League Marker on this card for each Unique Champion or Vigilante Hero you control, to a maximum of 4. Before moving the Batmobile, you may move a Justice League Marker from this card to any other card you control without a Justice League Marker and for the rest of this player turn, figures engaged with a figure from that card roll 1 fewer defense die, or 2 fewer defense dice if Bruce Wayne is the driver of the Batmobile.

LordVenoc January 13th, 2022 03:22 PM

You could also consider making the marker move before taking a turn with the Batmobile's driver. Its a weird toss up interaction with Black Canary as it could, currently, give her back a marker if she burns her last one but she does lose the defense reduction provided.

Might also be valid just for our own purposes (over on her, but may be relevant in testing) if her preventing a move prevents moving a VDO (like, Batman can't move because she went, but can he drive the Batmobile?).

IAmBatman January 13th, 2022 04:31 PM

Moving a VDO is instead of moving normally with a figure, which refers to the phase, not the actual action, so you don't have to actually be able to move to use an instead of moving normally power.

So I guess you could move the Batmobile (or any VDO) on the same turn as you use Into the Fray. That's my understanding, at least.

I think I'm missing the importance of the distinction between before taking a turn with the driver and before moving the Batmobile when it comes to the interaction with Canary. With either trigger, I'm pretty sure you could use Into the Fray first and thus use her last marker before using the Batmobile.

IAmBatman January 13th, 2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fret_gurglo (Post 2497393)
For the first power, which turn does the figure receive the defense reduction bonus? I think it's meant to be just the one turn immediately after moving the marker. If so, may I suggest:

MOBILE LEAGUE COMMAND CENTER
At the start of the game, place 1 blue Justice League Marker on this card for each Unique Champion or Vigilante Hero you control, to a maximum of 4. Before moving the Batmobile, you may move a Justice League Marker from this card to any other card you control without a Justice League Marker and for the rest of this player turn, figures engaged with a figure from that card roll 1 fewer defense die, or 2 fewer defense dice if Bruce Wayne is the driver of the Batmobile.

Good call. :up: That doesn't affect the mechanics at all and I don't want to forget it, so I'll edit it in real quick.

IAmBatman January 14th, 2022 09:20 AM

Any more thoughts before I run checklists on this guy?

LordVenoc January 14th, 2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2497436)
I think I'm missing the importance of the distinction between before taking a turn with the driver and before moving the Batmobile when it comes to the interaction with Canary. With either trigger, I'm pretty sure you could use Into the Fray first and thus use her last marker before using the Batmobile.

Difference:

Into the Fray uses up marker - Batmobile replaces marker

Batmobile sends marker elsewhere - Canary gets to make use of defense reduction

So like, its fine for the direct synergy as-is, just a timing thing with defense reduction for her. Not really an issue the more I think of it because you'd have to have someone else to pass it to anyway.

Soundwarp SG-1 January 14th, 2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2497436)
Moving a VDO is instead of moving normally with a figure, which refers to the phase, not the actual action, so you don't have to actually be able to move to use an instead of moving normally power.

Err... that's definitely not the intent on my part anyway.

I've always understood the rules to be that if you can't move / attack / whatever you can't give up doing it for something else. Regardless of its the phase or not. Like the phase still happens but its just skipped over, you can't swap things in for a move you cant do.

Cyclops II would be pretty broken with VDOs if we go by this interpretation.

--

Anyway, this card seems worth a fair bit more than 280?

Like the tank's autowound thing is balanced (theoretically anyway, I've had nothing to do with that design to make any claims there) by the tank being unwieldy to move and not having an attack for the driver to do on that turn.

This thing is much easier to move around and also has a pretty good normal attack it can use on the drivers turn or an SA sometimes. And you can just stick whoever you want in the passenger seat for a free carry since you don't need to worry about any bonding stuff.

Seems like a lot of stuff going on at once, a lot more than the other VDOs can do. And also some JL thing on top.

--

Kinda more a problem with the Tank I guess but more noticeable here since this thing is only large itself, the moving over large stuff seems kinda weird/unneeded?

tcglkn January 14th, 2022 10:17 AM

Re: The Book of Batmobile (JL) - Design

Yep you can't use an "instead of X" power if you can't do X.

Also I'd argue Tank Movement unblockable is way more powerful on the Batmobile who has both more move and is easier to move being a double spaced figure. You will end up rolling a lot more unblockables just do to it being easier to move around the battlefield.

LordVenoc January 14th, 2022 11:04 AM

Re: The Book of Batmobile (JL) - Design

So I asked in part because Black Canary isn't worded as an "instead of moving" but is a "may not move that friendly figure during its turn" which does feel like a slightly different phrasing than our typical instead of moving that we run into.