Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   C3V Public Announcements (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33420)

ZBeeblebrox November 8th, 2010 06:36 PM

C3V Public Announcements

C3V ANNOUNCEMENTS:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
C3V CURRENT BROADCASTS:

IMPORTANT C3V THREADS
Quote:

C3V Public Miniature Information Thread
- Important information about future C3V units.
(Includes Size, Commonalty, Type, Sculpt info)

Suggestions for the C3V Design Team
- Suggestion Box for the C3V team

C3V and SoV Books of Index

Shopping for SoV/C3V minis
- Where to find shopping information for all C3V units

C3V Public Playtesting Sign-up

C3V Public Playtesting Tips & Tricks

C3V Points & Rewards Thread

===============================================================

================================================================

===================================

C3V Goals and Rules
Spoiler Alert!

C3V MEMBERS LIST

merge post

IAmBatman November 9th, 2010 01:09 PM

C3V Public Announcements Thread

I just wanted to start a thread like this because such a thread proved very useful over at C3G. Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome our two new C3V Moderators, Griffin and GreyOwl! :-)

C3V Human Resources Department

tcglkn November 9th, 2010 03:52 PM

Re: C3V Public Announcements Thread

Congrats Griffin and GreyOwl!

Griffin November 9th, 2010 05:22 PM

Thank you sir. :toast:

tcglkn November 9th, 2010 05:25 PM

Can Mods edit threads outside their forums? It would probably be handy if GreyOwl was a C3G mod as well to update any PDF links. :shrug:

IAmBatman November 9th, 2010 05:37 PM

I'm thinking of requesting permission to name another Mod over there, but my focus at the moment is getting C3V all squared away. :-) Oh, and the Fan Four set ...

ZBeeblebrox November 9th, 2010 06:28 PM

Congrats Griffin and GreyOwl!

GreyOwl November 9th, 2010 06:33 PM

Thanks! Oooh, this badge is shiny! :)

tcglkn November 9th, 2010 06:38 PM

Can we start with the questionaries soon? Once we start with those, I have a feeling it'll be at least a month after D3 before we get our first exclusive done.

A3n November 10th, 2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1256425)

& well deserved :up:

Matt Helm November 10th, 2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1256425)

I guess they'll give just about anyone one of those badges. ;)

You know, once you become a servant of the law, you're no longer an innocent victim in the eyes of a secret agent assassin.

So here's to you GO... :moon:

The gloves (and the pants) are off.

GreyOwl November 10th, 2010 01:25 AM

That was...so worth it. :) Any excuse to make you drop your pants!

Matt Helm November 10th, 2010 01:31 AM

That's what she said.

Griffin November 10th, 2010 07:06 AM

OK, it is 6am on the east coast, and I am now just about to go to sleep.... but before I do, I wanted to share a little bit with the public about what I have been working so hard on. I have been staying up with Bats, Gbob, and GreyOwl each night working extremely hard to get the Inner Sanctum and the C3V public section set up, along with the questionnaire (that was supposed to go out tonight, sorry, maybe tomorrow, again, sorry), Goals for the group (our mission/vision), the blasted rules, etc, etc, etc, But what I have been working extremely hard on tonight was what I am calling the PUBLIC ACCESS PROGRAM. This is a program that we have been fleshing out since day one of the "Is C3V the Future" thread. It wasn't easy to do this, but it is finally hashed out, agreed upon, and written up. Now, with all the hard work that went into this one aspect of what has already been done, I hope that it is met with appreciation, because this is the system folks, and it is as good as it is gonna get.

:fingers_crossed: ~ Griff

C3V PUBLIC ACCESS

Spoiler Alert!

A3n November 10th, 2010 07:33 AM

Great work Griff & Bats, GO & GBob. That's definitely a bold & exciting move :up:.

Keep up the great work, I appreciate you guys.

Cheers

flameslayer93 November 10th, 2010 07:35 AM

Very interesting Griffin:thumbsup:

Hopefully this should help turn out some extra-nice customs:D

tcglkn November 10th, 2010 08:05 AM

That's awesome! You guys are working way to hard on this. I think the Inner Sanctum access will work well. Hopefully we can keep it to the hard working members.

I look forward to the questionnaire and the announcement of who gets what jobs. 8)

Killometer November 10th, 2010 12:26 PM

First, I just want you to know that I think you guys are doing a fantastic job and I appreciate your efforts.

Now that I've got you buttered up, I have a question about the service time for the PAP
Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1257057)
- On the first Sunday of each month a public poll will take place in the C3V public section. That poll will consist of a list of names chosen by the Inner Sanctum.
- The poll will close in 48 hours.
- On the last day of that same month, those two members will be required to create a new list of names for the next contestants and the the two will be removed from the sanctum.

So they start 2 days after the first Sunday of the month, I've got that, but I'm a little confused about when their term ends. Do they submit names the last day of the month, then serve until the new PAP members are elected, or do the just serve until the last day of the month?

Griffin November 10th, 2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killometer (Post 1257281)
First, I just want you to know that I think you guys are doing a fantastic job and I appreciate your efforts.

Now that I've got you buttered up, I have a question about the service time for the PAP
Quote:

- On the first Sunday of each month a public poll will take place in the C3V public section. That poll will consist of a list of names chosen by the Inner Sanctum.
- The poll will close in 48 hours.
- On the last day of that same month, those two members will be required to create a new list of names for the next contestants and the the two will be removed from the sanctum.

So they start 2 days after the first Sunday of the month, I've got that, but I'm a little confused about when their term ends. Do they submit names the last day of the month, then serve until the new PAP members are elected, or do the just serve until the last day of the month?

On the last day of the month, the two are pulled out, and by that time, they will have put together a list of names for the next poll. Then, the poll goes up on the first Sunday.

Killometer November 10th, 2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1257285)
On the last day of the month, the two are pulled out, and by that time, they will have put together a list of names for the next poll. Then, the poll goes up on the first Sunday.

Ah, so I should have just followed the old HS mantra-"Do what the card says, not what it doesn't say." :oops:

Griffin November 10th, 2010 12:31 PM

:lol: Sure.

quozl November 10th, 2010 12:37 PM

C3G Points (Why is this in a C3V thread? Ask Griffin.)

ZBeeblebrox November 10th, 2010 12:49 PM

Great idea...thanks for all the hard tiring work guys!!

Griffin November 10th, 2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1257298)
I'm worried about you, Griff. You need to sleep sometime.

Yeah, I have been up for more than 24 hours now... gotta stay up til bed time though, that way I can get some sleep at the appropriate time.

Lamaclown November 10th, 2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

I have been staying up with Bats, Gbob, and GreyOwl each night working extremely hard to get the Inner Sanctum and the C3V public section set up...

You guys all rock and anyone who doesn't appreciate this effort... well... may all of their rolls be DW rolls!

(I know, I know, it is a horrible curse but one that such a person has earned. :D)

Dredd Stev November 10th, 2010 03:44 PM

This might be the best way possible to allow a little transparency to the project that some members of the community really want (and in some cases outright demand!) Big time props on this guys, a very well thought out plan!

nyys November 10th, 2010 03:45 PM

That was just cruel Lama... cruel. ;)

IAmBatman November 10th, 2010 04:37 PM

OK, I've got another public announcement for all of you!
We've selected "reps" for each department other than the Art Department (negotiations are ongoing). Once we finalize each of our "reps," I'll be posting the promised questionnaire, and you'll be asked to respond to the reps of the top two departments you're interested in joining with your qualifications and reasons for wanting to join.
Here's the following list of "reps," as well as the department designations for our "founding fathers" (and GBob has a slot guaranteed as well.)

DESIGN
Sherman Davies (rep)
GreyOwl
Griffin

EXECUTIVE REVIEW BOARD
1Mmirg (rep)
Grungebob
IAmBatman

LEAD PLAYTESTERS
Kinseth (rep)

ART DEPARTMENT
TBA

EDITORIAL STAFF
Agent Minivann (rep)

Please congratulate all of our new Reps as we start the hard work of vetting members to fill out our Inner Sanctum!
Also please rest assured that if you don't "make the cut" for the Inner Sanctum, that your ideas and participation in public will continue to be of value for the group and something we'll hope to see in the future.

IAmBatman November 10th, 2010 04:38 PM

P.S. Jexik is probably pretty much a lock for the Design team too, just to warn you guys. Not to be an "elitist," but can't really turn down a guy who worked on the official game, you know. ;-) (And I wouldn't want to either! In fact, we recruited the heck out of him!)

Lamaclown November 10th, 2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1257517)
Please congratulate all of our new Reps as we start the hard work of vetting members to fill out our Inner Sanctum!

http://www.studiotumbao.com/myspace/applauding.gif

To all of you.

Griffin November 10th, 2010 04:50 PM

:lol: Love it :up:

Killometer November 10th, 2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

DESIGN
EXECUTIVE REVIEW BOARD
LEAD PLAYTESTERS
ART DEPARTMENT
EDITORIAL STAFF

I remember it was covered somewhere in the first C3V thread, but could you give us a down-and-dirty version of each groups responsibilities (especially the differences between the ERB and the Ed. staff).

Griffin November 10th, 2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killometer (Post 1257556)
Quote:

DESIGN
EXECUTIVE REVIEW BOARD
LEAD PLAYTESTERS
ART DEPARTMENT
EDITORIAL STAFF

I remember it was covered somewhere in the first C3V thread, but could you give us a down-and-dirty version of each groups responsibilities (especially the differences between the ERB and the Ed. staff).

The very rough version:

DESIGNERS) It is the Designer's job to continually discuss and create new additions to the game of Classic Heroscape.

EXECUTIVE REVIEW BOARD) It is the E.R.B.'s job to review each design and discuss the big picture and direct the group in a way that fits the Classic Heroscape aesthetic giving C3V a long term vision and big picture. E.R.B. can comment in any C3V thread at any time, as they are the watch dogs of the group's direction and long term vision.

LEAD PLAYTESTERS) It is the Lead Playtesters' job to do the initial playtest on each design sent to them by the Designer's sub-group.

EDITORS) It is the Editors' job to review the grammar and textual aesthetics of the card and correct the text if necessary.

ARTISTS
) It is the Artists' job to create a finished downloadable/printable product of the design.

ZBeeblebrox November 10th, 2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1257536)
Quote:

To all of you.

Well can't top that...so I'll just copy it ;) Sorry Lama.

Lamaclown November 10th, 2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox (Post 1257581)
Quote:

Quote:

To all of you.

the more applause the better :D

Griffin November 10th, 2010 05:34 PM

:oops: You guys are too much.

Karat November 10th, 2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1257592)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox (Post 1257581)
Quote:

Quote:

To all of you.

the more applause the better :D

This is really good, but they deserve better than can be shown:bowdown::toast::cheer:

Scapemaster November 10th, 2010 09:05 PM

Can you help me understand this whole "Inner Sanctum" and "Secret Design Threads?" Why do you feel it necessary to hide the inner-happenings of the designing, if this is intended as a community project? What is wrong with making the forums available to ALL, but only post-able by a few?

A3n November 10th, 2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemaster (Post 1257911)
Can you help me understand this whole "Inner Sanctum" and "Secret Design Threads?" Why do you feel it necessary to hide the inner-happenings of the designing, if this is intended as a community project? What is wrong with making the forums available to ALL, but only post-able by a few?

Because there will still be PM's & random inflamatory comments in other threads about this or that decision made. Also if everybody sees the unit being made there is no cause to celebrate it when it's released. A bit like the public designs of the C3G, no splash when any of them are released. :(

Cheers

TurtleKing99 November 10th, 2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1257924)
Quote:

Because there will still be PM's & random inflamatory comments in other threads about this or that decision made. Also if everybody sees the unit being made there is no cause to celebrate it when it's released. A bit like the public designs of the C3G, no splash when any of them are released. :(

Cheers

To prevent inflammatory comments, a "design discussion thread" could be run alongside it.
To retain the "celebration" factor, perhaps you could reveal them when you're partially done (say, 3/4)? Even if revealed just a week before voting for inclusion, you'll be able to see the community's input which could influence your decisions.

Founders, take all the time you need. The longer you take, the more likely you'll have a better system.

I am not trying to rehash the same discussion. I am presenting my ideas. (which were never mentioned in the other thread)

Scapemaster November 10th, 2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers

Not to be rude, but wouldn't it be more intriguing to see how all this inside workings work? The other threads can be ignored, the PM deleted. Plus, to get a more well-rounded unit, shouldn't ideas be able to come from anyone, not just a select few?

EDIT: Partially :ninja:'d by TK99

Lamaclown November 10th, 2010 09:31 PM

I don't know if this will do anything, but, we just had this long drawn out discussion in the first thread about C3V.

Please, please let's not rehash it here.

The C3V guys have done a great job and have worked hard on a plan to include us; let's not browbeat them again. I know that is probably not the intention of anyone but I am starting to feel sorry for the C3V guys. They put in long hours and then get told that their work basically wasn't worth the time because it is not how others think it should be.

This is a customs project, no rule says they even had to include anyone other than themselves but they have gone out of their way to include us.

Let this thread be a joy to come to and read about the most recent developments instead of what the other thread became.

tcglkn November 10th, 2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemaster (Post 1257940)
Not to be rude, but wouldn't it be more intriguing to see how all this inside workings work? The other threads can be ignored, the PM deleted. Plus, to get a more well-rounded unit, shouldn't ideas be able to come from anyone, not just a select few?

You can see how the inner working happen when a unit gets released. The Mods move the whole thread to the public area.

Griffin November 10th, 2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers

Thanks for your interest.

I hope this helps:

Public Access Program

Scapemaster November 10th, 2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1257964)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers

I hope this helps:

Public Access Program

Only 2 outside members per month? Seems a bit too exclusive, too remote. How does one even get "chosen" by the Inner Sanctum?

ZBeeblebrox November 10th, 2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemaster (Post 1258108)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers

I hope this helps:

Public Access Program

Only 2 outside members per month? Seems a bit too exclusive, too remote. How does one even get "chosen" by the Inner Sanctum?

Are you serious??? Are we on this kick again? We never had access with Hasbro and WoTC. So why should we have it with this?

This is a organized group who have gone out of their way to recruit actual people who worked on the last few waves and have begun a great project to continue our game. And all I keep seeing is self-entitled A$$es who believe it is our right to know everything. Well get a fraking clue! We have no right to know what's going on and I'm tired of you people.
Not only have they opened this up to the public, but they are taking members of this community and are also oping it up to random members each month. More than you deserve.

Here's a suggestion, sign up if you interested...then Griff will send you a questionnaire and maybe if you really do deserve it you will be one of the lucky ones chose to work behind the scenes; helping to prolong our favorite game!

Griffin November 10th, 2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemaster (Post 1258108)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers

I hope this helps:

Public Access Program

2 is all that is gonna happen at once.

The choosing process will be done by the 2 public members just before they leave. They will have to choose 10 names (I think 10 is the maximum entries for a poll) to be placed in the poll. Then the public will decide the next two that go into the sanctum by voting.

tcglkn November 10th, 2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox (Post 1258119)
Are you serious??? Are we on this kick again? We never had access with Hasbro and WoTC. So why should we have it with this?

This is a organized group who have gone out of their way to recruit actual people who worked on the last few waves and have begun a great project to continue our game. And all I keep seeing is self-entitled A$$es who believe it is our right to know everything. Well get a fraking clue! We have no right to know what's going on and I'm tired of you people.
Not only have they opened this up to the public, but they are taking members of this community and are also oping it up to random members each month. More than you deserve.

Here's a suggestion, sign up if you interested...then Griff will send you a questionnaire and maybe if you really do deserve it you will be one of the lucky ones chose to work behind the scenes; helping to prolong our favorite game!

:word: Well put ZBrox. I think this is the mentality that most people have, since this is a community group, anyone should have access. Well not everyone gets equal access. This is to preserve the quality of the designs. If you want to be involved: earn your keep! Make the group value you input and assistance.

This is a better chance at being involved than we ever had with Hasbro/WotC, how many of you had the chance to earn your way into designing units. Heck most of us couldn't even playtest the units. The C3V is being very open and all every does is complain that we are being too exclusive. If you want to slap some customs together just to get some praise, then start your own thread.