Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Falcon (MCU) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58397)

Arch-vile December 11th, 2020 12:33 PM

The Book of Falcon (MCU)

The Book of Falcon (MCU)

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 87
THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...onII_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...conII_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Marvel Heroclix figure from the Captain America: The Winter Soldier set.
Its model number and name are #006 / Falcon or #103 / Falcon.

Character Bio - When Captain America asked Air Force Veteran Sam Wilson for help, Wilson immediately agreed. He donned the flight suit he’d used in combat to become the Falcon, setting him on a path towards becoming an Avenger.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Crossover Symbol: The Crossover Symbol next to Falcon's secret identity indicates that he is draftable into the same army with other Sam Wilson cards. See C3G's Secret Identity Rules.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Falcon was designed to play nicely with his allies in the MCU. Falcon's Double Attack benefits greatly from Captain America's attack boost, Falcon's Eyes In The Sky initiative boost helps activate Black Widow's Espionage, and Falcon is a Soldier so that Winter Soldier can bond with him.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
2022-Feb-26 - updated Eye in the Sky

Arch-vile December 11th, 2020 12:34 PM

Re: The Book of Falcon (II) (breathing)

NAME = FALCON
SECRET IDENTITY = SAM WILSON https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...mbol_black.png

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = PATRIOTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

EYES IN THE SKY
If Falcon is not engaged and can use his Flying special power, you may add 2 to your initiative roll for each enemy figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Falcon, to a maximum of +6.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Falcon attacks, he may attack one additional time.

AERIAL ADVANTAGE
While Falcon can use his Flying special power, he is always considered to have height advantage on non-flying figures.

STEALTH FLYING
When Falcon starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics:

Background:

This is a design based on the MCU Falcon. Aerial Advantage is our main Falcon power. Double Attack has big synergy with Cap's stat boosts. The Soldier class lets him work well with Winter Soldier (II). Eyes in the Sky gives an init boost which helps Cap & Black Widow.

Ideally the trio of Captain America / Falcon (II) / Winter Soldier (II) will be a fun and effective 700 point army, but also any 2 of the 3 should work well as a duo.

tcglkn December 11th, 2020 12:39 PM

Looks solid to me. 3 reuses and a light touch init boost :up:

MrNobody December 11th, 2020 01:06 PM

Cool stuff! I like the subtle tie-in to Cap with initiative boosts.

Lazy Orang December 11th, 2020 01:43 PM

220's feeling more than a little high thematically - don't see this guy as being more than 200, at all, and even 200's a bit high. I get that those are some high value powers and it's most important to get him playing right, but what about dropping his defence a point or two? He's already got perpetual height advantage and will probably have Cap on hand 90% of the time - I don't feel as though him having 7 defence the majority of the time feels right at all.

Yodaking December 11th, 2020 04:30 PM

I like the card concept here, but also agree with Lazy that thematically I would peg him for 200 or less points. He doesn't have any actual super powers in the MCU, he's on a similar level as Black Widow & Hawkeye. The Iron Man/War Machine suits are much more powerful that Falcon's Wings/gear.

Arch-vile December 11th, 2020 04:45 PM

I was shooting for a nice round 700 army if you had Cap, Falcon, and Winter Soldier. But I can lower defense and cost if that is what people prefer.

IAmBatman December 11th, 2020 05:50 PM

Getting about 215 on the calculator and that's pretty much costing him for match ups against non-fliers, so I think 220 might be a taaad high as written anyway.

Thematically I agree that I like 4 defense better than 5 defense, but I'm also sympathetic to getting a nice round three figure army. If that doesn't work out, I can try to do an Avengers Widow that rounds them out.

Yodaking December 11th, 2020 06:38 PM

Yeah, I'd not worry about a final army cost for the 3 of them here. I may indeed be playing those 3 together a ton, but even then it will most likely be at 1000-1200 points with some other figures added to the mix.

Arch-vile December 11th, 2020 06:47 PM

Sounds good. What starting point cost would a Defense of 4 get us to?