Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Kick-Ass (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49841)

Lord Pyre January 27th, 2014 02:41 PM

The Book of Kick-Ass

The Book of Kick-Ass

C3G ICON WAVE 21
DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...-Ass_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...k-Ass_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the KA2 set.
Its model number and name are #001 / Dave Lizewski.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the KA2 set.
Its model number and name are #101 / Dave Lizewski.

Character Bio - Being a huge comic book fan, and wondering why there's never been a superhero in real life, Dave Lizewski does the logical thing: buys a scuba suit online and patrols the streets as Kick-Ass. Becoming an internet celebrity for breaking up a gang-related beating, he attracts the attention of Hit-Girl and Big Daddy, two real real life superheroes. They pull him out of a bad situation, and become allies against the Crime Lord Johnny G.
Kick-Ass later inspires others to don costumes, and he's invited to join the superhero team Justice Forever, where they do public service, and end up fighting off Chris Genovese's supervillain army.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Unique Crime Fighters and Vigilantes you control may be boosted by Kick-Ass's Kickass Inspiration special power. Current Crime Fighters and Vigilantes.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Lord Pyre January 27th, 2014 02:42 PM

Re: The Book of Kick-Ass ~~ Design Phase

NAME = KICK-ASS
SECRET IDENTITY = DAVE LIZEWSKI

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = EAGER

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 40

KICKASS INSPIRATION
If Kick-Ass is engaged with one or more figures, each Unique Crime Fighter or Vigilante you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Kick-Ass may add 1 die to its normal attack.

BATON ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Choose up to two figures to attack. Roll 2 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Lord Pyre January 27th, 2014 02:46 PM

I specified Brutal Vigilante in his power to limit it to Hit-Girl, but I'd be fine with switching to any Crime-Fighter or Vigilante if we don't want to be that specific.

IAmBatman January 27th, 2014 02:58 PM

Superhero Team Up feels a little "blah" (old hat) but the idea of him playing Sidekick to Spidey is kinda fun.

Lord Pyre January 27th, 2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1907451)
Superhero Team Up feels a little "blah" (old hat) but the idea of him playing Sidekick to Spidey is kinda fun.

Getting sick of sidekick powers? Those are some of my favorites! :p

My [redacted] write-up has [redacted] team up with [redacted] or anyone with an [redacted] on their card. ;)

IAmBatman January 27th, 2014 03:29 PM

Well I love just about any power that works off the Avenger's marker. :-D But, yeah, I'm a bit sidekicked out .... just feels like we have too many flavors of the same thing, which makes the start to feel like white noise.

Lord Pyre January 27th, 2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1907457)
Well I love just about any power that works off the Avenger's marker. :-D But, yeah, I'm a bit sidekicked out .... just feels like we have too many flavors of the same thing, which makes the start to feel like white noise.

Have any suggestions? He's always teaming up with other heroes, so I thought it was thematic (Plus I have plans for a Crime Fighter Red Mist, which would be cool).

Other heroes were inspired by him, so there could be some other boost, I just don't want him to boost people who don't need boosting, like Spider-Man, etc... We could limit an attack boost (Or something) to just Human Crime Fighters? But then that excludes Hit-Girl (Don't really want him to boost Batman and Co.).

A3n January 27th, 2014 04:04 PM

Yeah, I'm not excited about this design. Functionally it works so I'm fine for it to go ahead as is if that's what you want, but there might be something more you could do with him.

So were you guys saying that in the comics he does feel the pain or not?

Lord Pyre January 27th, 2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1907465)
Yeah, I'm not excited about this design. Functionally it works so I'm fine for it to go ahead as is if that's what you want, but there might be something more you could do with him.

So were you guys saying that in the comics he does feel the pain or not?

I'm not sure a teenager with two sticks is going to be incredibly exciting no matter which way you look at him. :lol:

I believe he has metal plates in his head, but they never talk about his nerves being damaged like in the film.

IAmBatman January 27th, 2014 04:20 PM

Maybe a small attack boost where figures attacking figures he was already engaged with get a +1 to their attack instead of the bonding? Something like that?

Lord Pyre January 27th, 2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1907468)
Maybe a small attack boost where figures attacking figures he was already engaged with get a +1 to their attack instead of the bonding? Something like that?

Not following, you mean when attacking a figure engaged with KA, they receive an extra attack die? I think I'd rather have some sort of aura power to represent inspiration, but it could work.

IAmBatman January 27th, 2014 05:00 PM

How about something like this:

KICKASS INSPIRATION
If Kickass is engaged with one or more figure, each Crime Fighter and Vigilante you control adds 1 to its attack.

Edit: And possibly something where he has to have one or more wounds (so his butt's already been kicked a little).