Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 29th, 2021, 12:04 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Moon Knight (Avengers)

The Book of Moon Knight (Avengers)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 43
EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superior Foes of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #037 / Moon Knight.

Character Bio - Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu (the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice) to serve as his "avatar." Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents traveling at night, with powers that come from the moon, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight! -Comic Vine

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Moon Knight's Audacious Avenger has synergy with figures with an Avenger Marker.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: (Arkham)
  • Second playtest: (Ericth74)
  • Third playtest: (Arkham)
  • Fourth playtest: (IamBatman)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Card Art by Arkham

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 11th, 2022 at 04:50 PM.
Old September 29th, 2021, 12:05 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Moon Knight (Avenger) (Breathing)

NAME = MOON KNIGHT
SECRET IDENTITY = MARC SPECTOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 170

AUDACIOUS AVENGER
At the start of the game, place a white Avenger Marker on the card of a friendly figure. If an enemy figure would inflict one or more wounds on an adjacent friendly figure that has an Avenger Marker on its card, you may instead have that enemy figure inflict those wounds on Moon Knight.

RELENTLESS RESOLVE
Moon Knight may attack non-adjacent figures while he is engaged. After attacking with Moon Knight, if he did not inflict a wound, you may remove an unrevealed Order Marker from a card in your army or place a Wound Marker on this card to attack again.

RISE WITH THE MOON
Once per game, when an enemy figure would inflict enough wounds to destroy the last figure you control, if Moon Knight is currently destroyed, immediately remove all Wound Markers from this card and place Moon Knight on an empty space on the battlefield. You may then move any unrevealed Order Markers on cards in your army to this card.

Last edited by Arkham; October 11th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old September 29th, 2021, 01:02 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Curious to see how he works out once we get him on the field.
Old September 29th, 2021, 03:12 AM

Oversight on my part, but I think I’ll probably bump his range to 5 and the range on the unblockable to 5, to keep all his numbers 5 in his powers.

Also open to alternatives on how he is resurrected, if there’s other ideas.

Points wise I’d imagine we’re looking at 160-190.
Old September 29th, 2021, 03:32 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Couldn't:

"Anytime Moon Knight receives one or more wounds, if the inflicting figure is within 4 clear sight spaces, you may roll an unblockable attack die against it."

Just be like:

"Anytime Moon Knight receives one or more wounds from a figure within 4 clear sight spaces, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure."

?

Seems more straight forward.

I'm assuming you're assuming that wounds he redirects to himself count as coming from whoever would have inflicted the wounds originally so he can roll an unblockable attack die against that person? That interpretation leads to some dicey areas mechanically with other cards, but I'm not sure C3G has a rule one way or another there.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 29th, 2021, 04:05 AM

Yeah, I was actually thinking in my head as I lay here in bed about that wording, and came up with the same rewording there.

That’s indeed the intention, yes. With that wording change, I believe it seems clear, but we can FAQ it if need be.

One alternative on the resurrection is when a friendly unique hero is destroyed, you roll the 20-sided die. 14 or higher he comes back etc.
Old September 29th, 2021, 08:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like 220-240 to me (factoring in the bump to range 5).

I worry a bit about the top end power of an offensively efficient team with his first power added on.

I worry about how the second and third power combine with each other and then a more defensive Avenger team built around Avengers Thor.

Both effects seem like they're adding strength on strength, which could affect the competitive impact significantly, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 29th, 2021, 09:07 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we've been consistent in the past that if a power on one of your cards "redirects" wounds, they don't count as coming from the original source anymore.

Could maybe do something like this with an FAQ?
Quote:
WILLING TO TAKE THE HITS
If an opponent's figure would inflict one or more wounds on a figure that is adjacent and friendly to Moon Knight, you may instead have that opponent's figure inflict those wounds on Moon Knight. Anytime Moon Knight receives one or more wounds, if the inflicting figure is within 4 clear sight spaces, you may roll an unblockable attack die against it.
I was wondering last night if there's any natural place to fit a line like this;
Quote:
Moon Knight may attack non-adjacent figures while he is engaged.
That feels like a generally Moon Knighty thing to do, and it would pair well with WCA/SA ally War Machine. However, I don't really see a natural place to tack it on.

Lastly, could we possibly make the unblockable in WTTTH into a D20 roll? Light synergy with SA ally Beast, and Vizh as well (Who I do think he has slight WCA ties to?)

Last edited by MrNobody; September 29th, 2021 at 09:23 AM.
Old September 29th, 2021, 09:57 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'm on the same page as Nobody - pretty sure Aaron Cash style effects don't count the wounds as coming from the original source anymore. Seems work-aroundable wording-wise, though.
Old September 29th, 2021, 12:25 PM

D20 roll for WTTTH is cool with me. Was actually considering that as well after posting, to get some more D20 in the faction, and with them being allies on SA.

Rewording to make it work as intended is fine with me.

As for cost, I don’t personally see it as more than 190 all things considered, but I could certainly be wrong. Hard to say for sure without seeing it in action. I’m absolutely fine reigning in the attack and resurrection ceilings if necessary, as long as the design as a whole is useful and fun.

Could make the attack an additional attack on his own turn with that possible drawback. Resurrection could be limited to once per game etc.
Old September 29th, 2021, 09:07 PM

Alright, after mulling over some possibilities, here's what I'm thinking:
Quote:
NAME = MOON KNIGHT
SECRET IDENTITY = MARC SPECTOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ~180

AUDACIOUS AVENGER
At the start of the game, place a white Avenger Marker on the card of a friendly figure. If an enemy figure would inflict one or more wounds on an adjacent friendly figure that has an Avenger Marker on its card, you may instead have that enemy figure inflict those wounds on Moon Knight.

RELENTLESS RESOLVE
Moon Knight may attack non-adjacent figures while he is engaged. After attacking with Moon Knight, if he did not inflict a wound, he may attack again. After each additional attack, if he does not inflict a wound, you must remove an unrevealed Order Marker from a card in your army or place a Wound Marker on this card.

RISE WITH THE MOON 12
At the end of the round, if Moon Knight is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. Once per game, if you roll 12 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from this card and place him on any empty space on the battlefield. After placing him, if the enemy figure who destroyed him is within 4 clear sight spaces, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, that figure receives a wound and you may roll again.
This feels a bit more interesting and less power stacking.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Arkham; September 30th, 2021 at 07:17 AM.
Old September 30th, 2021, 06:46 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dig it. The wounding part of that last power is probably going to be pretty streaky in terms of never paying off in most games but getting explosive and turning a game here or there, but that's probably the most swingy thing in terms of gameplay.

Definitely takes care of my stacking strength on strength concerns and just turns him into a cool, playable Avenger piece, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library