Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 7th, 2007, 12:35 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveningdrive
OOOOPS!

See, I knew I needed help!

Thanks Riggler.

I updated a whole new file. Perhaps the admins can delete the "first" version 2?

UPDATE: Here's the new link -> Across the Ice River Version 2
I deleted the old download and removed the link from your earlier post to avoid confusion.
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:55 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Swamp Thing 2.0

This map maxes out the number of sets BOV allows to be used taking advantage of our new guidelines and using SotM, RoV and RttFF. This map DOES need to be edited or redone in VS before it can enter BOV. Start spaces are not marked (although are obviously the sand). And the map as presented uses two 10 trees and two 11 trees which are not available in only one RttFF. That needs to be changed.

So after this minor editing is done. (What I consider "typos" as map design goes). I think this map could certainly make it into BOV. I really liked the Ruins placement on this map as they actually served a purpose on both sides. If you do use a glyph on this map I would suggest some of the more attractive glyphs be in the pool.

This map really allows melee to move well up the middle even though it seems like a long distance to go. In one game I marched 4 squads of zombies up the middle. There are plenty of places to hide as well.

The only gripe I have is that, yet again its another symmetrical map, but the playability is worthy.

My vote is YES

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:58 AM

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Announcing two new revisions to the guidelines.

1. "Dead" Marro Hives are allowed as line-of-sight blockers in BOV map design.

2. Maps should be balanced for 400-600 point competative armies and will be playtested using 400-600 point competative armies.

Some clarrification -- There is some precedent for using Marro Hives as LOS blockers in the SotM rule book official scenerios. And since our guidelines didn't address this, we thought it should. We unanimously (WOW, SHOCKER) agreed that "dead" hives should be allowed in map design. By "dead" we mean the map maker should assume that the Hive will not be played by anyone and not be included in any starting zone and will serve the same basic purpose as a glacier does.

As for the change to 400-600 point competative armies. This offers a wider span of compatability and really doesn't do much more than communicate the fact that tournament maps often fall in armies of this range. We're keeping the starting spaces the same, at 24. So even tournaments that want to retch up the army to 600 points and still use our maps, shouldn't see much if any impact on the length of time it takes to finish a game.

Rych if you could edit the following:
Under SECTION 1:
2. Maps should be balanced for 1-on-1 competition between two (2) 400-600 point armies.

Under SECTION 1: 3
Use of the Marvel Warehouse Ruin is prohibited. Use of the Marro Hive as a line-of-sight blocker is allowed with the SotM set.

Under SECTION 2:
2. Maps will be playtested competitively at least once by all judges, using 400-600 point armies. Candidates for approval will be playtested more than once.

Old November 7th, 2007, 12:05 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I am voting NO on accepting Baraxton Falls for review. It is the stacked water. I am unable to locate the specific information from Hasbro regarding the stacking of water, but I do know that the rules say to not stack water. I am unable to approve a map for review that is in clear violation of map building rules outlined by Hasbro.

I am voting YES on accepting Across the Ice River (v.2) for review. The map is very eye catching with a unique design and seemingly treacherous terrain.

--

Updates:

- Baraxton Falls by Sirpongo is not accepted for review. (No votes by Revdyer, Elestree, and R˙chean)

- updated review results from Eclipse and Riggler

- Added Across the Ice River to pending acceptance list

- By-laws updated

--

Updated 11/7/2007:

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Across the Ice River (version2) by eveningdrive
YES = 1 (R˙chean) ; NO = 0 ; Pending = 5 (Riggler, Revdyer, Elstree, Velenne, Eclipse)

Maps currently being reviewed:

Hot Heights by Jormi_Boced
YES = 3 (Riggler, R˙chean, Eclipse) ; NO = 0 ; Pending = 3 (Revdyer, Elstree, Velenne)

Swamp Thing 2.0 by Browncoat
YES = 3 (Revdyer, R˙chean, Riggler); NO = 0 ; Pending = 3 (Elstree, Velenne, Eclipse)

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:34 PM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just curious: why is the Marvel Warehouse Ruin prohibited?
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:58 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
Just curious: why is the Marvel Warehouse Ruin prohibited?
Quick Answer: It's almost impossible to use without making a map that's really really broken for a dragon. Essentially, it's designed around a game where every single figure has some means of ignoring height.
Old November 7th, 2007, 01:01 PM

eveningdrive has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee
I deleted the old download and removed the link from your earlier post to avoid confusion.
Thank you Bunjee!

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."

My Custom Cards and Figures
My Custom Maps and Scenarios
Old November 7th, 2007, 01:26 PM

:banana:

Across the River v. 2

It's NOT symmetrical, woo hoo!

Uhm... that's a yes for playtesting.

Old November 7th, 2007, 03:47 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
I just wanted to write a note of thanks to the reviewers working on these maps. It sure looks like a lot of work to go through submissions and then actually testing them. I really appreciate the strict requirements. I have played on over half of the maps you have fully accepted and they are all just outstanding. Thanks for making map selection easier for me!
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehlers
I just wanted to write a note of thanks to the reviewers working on these maps. It sure looks like a lot of work to go through submissions and then actually testing them. I really appreciate the strict requirements. I have played on over half of the maps you have fully accepted and they are all just outstanding. Thanks for making map selection easier for me!
We are glad to be of assistance. Your appreciation means a lot. The reason I got involved was to offer a filtering process for people just like you. Most (er... all?) of the other judges focus on tournament aspect of maps. I focus more on fun maps for casual play (of course I've always got tournament play in the back of my mind). I'll never vote against a map because it will be a hardship on a tournament director. But I don't have to worry about that, I'm sure the others are very sure to be on the lookout for this.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement, rehlers.

Old November 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Thanks, rehlers. We (the judges) really do want to develop a pool of excellent maps for the community. There are many, many good maps. We hope to find some of the great ones. Your appreciation of the task makes it worth continuing for us.

As for Across the Ice River (version2) by eveningdrive , it looks worth reviewing to me. YES.
Old November 7th, 2007, 06:24 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hot Heights is on my table and ready to go any day now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios