Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old March 26th, 2010, 07:27 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Eclipse's 100 Unit Project (New 3/22/2010 - Sinister Six

So, I've been having Photobucket problems lately. Every time I upload pictures, I find a virus on my computer from their site. Anyone have any suggestions for a free image host?
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Eclipse's 100 Unit Project (New 3/22/2010 - Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Should Tentacle Wrap have a height limit similar to the Drow Chainfighter?
Yes. So should Tentacle Strike and Mr Fantastic's Wrap Up and normal attack. I just have no where near the room to even try to implement it once, let alone twice per card. That's actually part of the reason the range on these things is 3 instead of 2, so its a less obvious issue in gameplay. I'm sort of okay with it, but I'd add it if I could find a way to do so.
I think this version would add one line to the length of Tentacle Wrap (addition in bold).
TENTACLE WRAP
After moving and before attacking,
you may choose one opponent's
small or medium figure within 3 clear
sight spaces of and no more than X
levels higher or lower than Dr. Octopus.
Place that figure on an empty space
adjacent to Dr. Octopus. If the chosen
figure is engaged when it is moved by
Tentacle Wrap, it will not take any
leaving engagement attacks. All small
or medium opponent's figures that
enter or occupy a space adjacent
to Dr. Octopus may not move. Figures
affected by the Tentacle Wrap cannot
be moved by andy special on any Army
Card or Glyph.

BTW, whether this works for you or not, you have "figures" twice in a line: ...small or medium opponent's figures figures...
And, cool customs!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 9th, 2010, 02:12 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Eclipse's 100 Unit Project (New 5/09/2010 - Blackest Nig

Just a quick update, for everyone looking forward to the Blackest Night starter that comes out on Weds, I just finished cards for the set. Heading to bed right now, but I'll have a writeup in the morning!
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

This is very exciting. I look forward to these cards.
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:36 AM
regurgitation cynic

Alright, here's the rough drafts. Ignore whatever is in the points area, as I didn't even pay attention to them. This pass I just went for powers, looks, stats, etc. No hitzones either.

Originally I wasn't going to do the deputies; I just wanted to do the New Guardians with Brave and the Bold. Since B&B disappointed me there, I just decided to merge some characters, like so:

Star Sapphire

Luckily I already had Carol and while not the latest costume, she'll do for now. I was going to reveal her elsewhere, but she's my only usable option here and nicely shows off how I made the deputies:

Love: Wonder Woman

Take my Wonder Woman card, find a way to add a New Guardian power, add range, but otherwise keep her something like her old self as well. This one was luckily pretty easy.

Compassion: The Atom

Hehe. You guys get to see my Atom power before I reveal the real thing. Sadly, Hitchhiker takes up so much card space I didn't have much room for Indigo powers. Indigo 1 has some fun ones cooked up too, but Ray never figured out how to teleport to wounded allies or heal, and he only managed to channel things as ranged blasts anyway, so we get Hitchhiker plus Stealth Flying and a ranged attack and more defense.

Hope: The Flash

This one was tricky. Triple Barrage with range seemed crazy powerful. Barry didn't take to the Blue ring nearly as well as the others, so I gave him a toned down All Will Be Well and a version of Answered Prayers that only adds range and mostly let him still just be the fastest man alive on his own powers.

Fear: Scarecrow

Poor guy got dumped for Batman AND that whiny little Amon Sur. Luckily he finally got what he so rightfully deserved in Blackest Night. Gave him mostly a hybrid/stronger version of his fear gas and flying. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Avarice: Lex Luthor

I had fun with this one. You need this card to go along with him:

Haven't decided on the number of figures in this squad yet. I may go as high as 5 since they're unique. I actually don't suggest making Orange Construct figures; just used the destroyed guy so you get the Orange Lantern mixed bag thing going.

For anyone who cares; Larfleeze's main addition is "I WANT IT" which gives him an attack bonus when attacking figures standing on or carrying a glyph.

Rage: Mera

Fun fact; the actual creature from sector 2418 chosen for the Red Lantern Corps is Dex-Starr the rage kitten. I just find that awesome.

Anyway, I decided to give Mera a water tinted version of the burning damage I had for the red lanterns. That plus the self damage option that keeps the red lanterns aggressive.

Bonus Guys

Since I like doing 10 in a set and I'm treating these as a bonus 10, I nabbed a couple more guys to round things out:

John Stewart

Same as before with a small stat bump. I changed the image, not sure if I like it better or not though. May change it back.

Arkillo

I've had this guy forever, but with just him and Sinestro able to get the bonus, I never bothered to post him. He just didn't fit in the schedule well. Scarecrow adds a third so... sure, why not.

Black Hand

Couldn't do Blackest Night without this guy. Note that Rise is written in a way that lets you regen your Black Lanterns if you keep a marker in reserve. He had Life Drain at one point, but I snipped it to give more to Rise.

I also have an idea in mind for Nekron that relies on the Undead/Avatar trigger, but I REALLY don't want to tempt myself into making that card and wanting the figure. (Note: Black Hand's old figure is absolutely fine/arguably better than the newer chase).

Have fun!
Old May 9th, 2010, 12:40 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice work on the Blackest Night Crew.
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow. Those are some really stunning cards. That Atom Special Power is fantastic. I never created an Atom or Ant Man custom, but now I might.
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:28 PM
regurgitation cynic

So... mostly just seeing if anyone cares yet, but has anyone gotten their Blackest Night figures? I picked up a set last week and for the most part they're quite good. Scarecrow's the standout by a long shot with the overall best look and feel, size, pose; just the total package. I'm pretty disappointed in Hal though. I didn't notice until I got home, but he's totally out of scale. He's probably only about 60-70% of the physical size of other Clix figures I have.
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

I'd love to see you finish this project, if you still have any interest, Eclipse. So often, I come to this thread for ideas for figures I want to create. At the very least, I'd love to see you post these cards in the A - Z thread.
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:51 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I'd love to see you finish this project, if you still have any interest, Eclipse. So often, I come to this thread for ideas for figures I want to create. At the very least, I'd love to see you post these cards in the A - Z thread.
Thanks! I've actually been keeping an eye on it, but I just haven't had the time to work on cards. I was part of two weddings over the summer and that pretty much ate every once of free time I had. I did just order the New Guardians out of the DC 75 set (minus Hal/Sinestro: could we PLEASE stop gouging players on them?) which should be a great way to jump back into things. Those characters were pretty much done, but without a figure I didn't want to do the cards, so I did the deputies instead.

Also order the new Beast Boy (minus T-Rex... ) so I'll probably revamp that card into a multi figure variant. I really like the original, but I mostly did it that way because there wasn't a way to represent shapeshifting visually that I was happy with.
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hey, that's cool - I was part of two weddings in the summer too! (Mine and my older sister's).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations