Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 10th, 2009, 11:22 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: SCAPE-A-PALOOZA II-NHSD in the Northeast 2009

I'll be in the hallway with a table and Fort Lannister. plllsst!

-insert signature here-
Old September 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Obsolete Now

Last edited by Onacara; September 15th, 2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old September 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
has been BANNED

PS...all maps will be using glyphs!!!
Old September 10th, 2009, 04:29 PM
has been BANNED

Ok since someone brought it up....

Quote:
"I see a problem with this format. What happens to people who, like me, don't have a lot of figures? I doubt I could make 4 good armies. Maybe 2 or 3, but 4? I doubt I will attend if I get handicapped because I haven't spend hundreds on figs."
The person didnt sign it so do not know who to address directly but I am going to assume you are new to the tournament scene. We constantly lend figures to folks who need them...just ask here in the thread and someone can hook you up.
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

500pts is kind of played out isn't it? Can we play some oddball number slightly higher just to see something different? 505,515,525,535,666

Then again I realized everyone would have to play 4 different oddball number armies. That might be a bit much.
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:11 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
500pts is kind of played out isn't it? Can we play some oddball number slightly higher just to see something different? 505,515,525,535,666

Then again I realized everyone would have to play 4 different oddball number armies. That might be a bit much.
Ok 501 points...just for you.

(I liked you better when you just shook my hand alot and didnt say much )
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post

I agree, I like odd point values.
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:35 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Or would it be possible to play with slightly lower point values? Rationale is the same as the unsigned feedback... I'll definitely be supplying figs for me and my wife (if we are able to come) and possibly others (I'm trying to find two other people to round out the car ride) and my collection is certainly on the smaller side.

Of course, I realize that as a "not sure if we're coming" voice, my vote doesn't count nearly as much...

Also, I'll say that for last year's NESA NHSD, a lot of people didn't bring necessarily "competitive" armies, including us... and we had a lot of fun. Of course, if you come to win... yeah, I'm sure you could borrow figs from others. Hmm... maybe I'll see if someone can loan me some...

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:28 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the idea, but I also agree with the unsigned comment. 500 pt values with no repeats and 4 armies is extremely hard. Even with repeats its hard for a casual player.

What about dropping it to 420 pts and saying you have to bring 2 armies. Same rules for the roll.

And to keep people from repeating too much say no more than 1 figure can be repeated in either army.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old September 11th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

460pt. would be nice. 450pt. is a new tournament point value now. Instead of playing 500pt. all the time, and if you want to play lower but 400pt. tournaments really aren't the norm anymore, 450pt. was a cool idea. But that's getting like 500pt. to people, "it's getting old". And I also like to mix things up even by just 10 or 20pt. So 460pt. would be cool, or 470pt.

Honestly I don't care. 450pt., 500pt., 555pt., whatever. But going lower will help those that do not have a ton of figures since we're requiring multiple armies with no repeats.

I do like what Chris is saying though, drop it to two required armies with the same rules. Three also works.

Any point value, but I'm all for mixing it up if others would prefer it.
Old September 11th, 2009, 04:18 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
460pt. would be nice. 450pt. is a new tournament point value now. Instead of playing 500pt. all the time, and if you want to play lower but 400pt. tournaments really aren't the norm anymore, 450pt. was a cool idea. But that's getting like 500pt. to people, "it's getting old". And I also like to mix things up even by just 10 or 20pt. So 460pt. would be cool, or 470pt.

Honestly I don't care. 450pt., 500pt., 555pt., whatever. But going lower will help those that do not have a ton of figures since we're requiring multiple armies with no repeats.

I do like what Chris is saying though, drop it to two required armies with the same rules. Three also works.

Any point value, but I'm all for mixing it up if others would prefer it.
I agree. Despite the fact that I could borrow stuff from my friends, building 4 or 5 different armies would be kind of hard. I think 3 armies should be the magic number, and have a lower point value. Think about it this way, it's not necessarily a tournament per say, right? If you run smaller armies, the probability of getting more games in is higher.

Onacara, put me down as a definite. I'm going to go no matter what. I figured, I'm looking at grad schools anyways, and UCONN (that's where it is right? Please tell me it is!!!) has a grad program in what I'm gunning for. Check out a school, play some 'scape, works for me :P

Oh, and yeah, if there's any 'scapers who are an alumni/current student at UCONN and wouldn't mind giving me a quick tour, that would be AWESOME!!!!

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old September 11th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think 500 is fine. I actually haven't played 500 in a long time...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day