Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 11th, 2008, 12:46 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, good idea for a judge, and congratulations Kahrma!
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:24 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoko
Hi,
a long time I only read the articles on heroscapers.com, but than I read this thread and thought about creating an own map to nominate. The map was created last week by me and playtested a few times now. I think its well balanced with a lots of LOS-Blocker, which minimize the advantage of long range units.

Link to download and Screenshot:
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=1367
Motoko, can you please download CUTEPDF and submit this as a PDF file. I am not currently counting this as a submission.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
- added Kahrma to BOV (any items Riggler previously voted on remain intact)

- logged Jexik review of Ice Blossom, Fire Isles, and Alpine Shrine

- logged Bunjee's acceptance votes (removing her from Hopscorch)

- Mt. Kismet is not accepted for review (potential there, Browncoat, please review the concerns that bunjee and I had regarding)

- logged Rcyhean's acceptance votes

- Ice buffer is moved into the being reviewed category

- Added The Ruined Road to Gotham to pending acceptance

- logged R˙chean's review of Alpine Shrine

- added Baraxton Falls 2.0 to pending acceptance

whew that was a great deal of stuff!!!

We have some work to do, judges; Frozen Foothills looks like it has been leaped frogged by a few including myself.

Updated 3/11/2008:

Maps pending acceptance for review:

The Crossing by Darkomen57
YES = 2 (Revdyer, Jexik); NO = 2 (Riggler, R˙chean); Pending = 2 (Bunjee, Velenne)

Hopscorch by Elstree
YES = 2 (Revdyer, Jexik); NO = 1 (R˙chean); Pending = 2 (Kahrma, Velenne)
* Bunjee sites conflict of interest and is not part of the acceptance or review

The Ruined Road to Gotham by tyguy94920
YES = 0 ; NO = 0 ; Pending = 6 (Revdyer, R˙chean, Jexik, Kahrma, Bunjee, Velenne)

Baraxton Falls 2.0 by Sir Pongo/Krackon_02
YES = 0 ; NO = 0 ; Pending = 6 (Revdyer, R˙chean, Jexik, Kahrma, Bunjee, Velenne)

Maps currently being reviewed:

Road Rampage by Ch1can0, modified by Messenger
YES = 3 (Revdyer, Jexik, R˙chean); NO = 0 ; Pending = 3 (Kahrma, Bunjee, Velenne)

Ice Blossom by STAROCEAN980
YES = 3 (Revdyer, R˙chean, Jexik); NO = 0 ; Pending = 3 (Kahrma, Bunjee, Velenne)

Frozen Foothills by Messenger
YES = 1 (Revdyer); NO = 0 ; Pending = 5 (R˙chean, Jexik, Kahrma, Bunjee, Velenne)

Alpine Shrine by CH4071C
YES = 2 (Revdyer, R˙chean); NO = 1 (Jexik); Pending = 3 (Kahrma, Bunjee, Velenne)

Fire Isles by yagyuninja
YES = 2 (Revdyer, Jexik); NO = 0 ; Pending = 4 (R˙chean, Jexik, Kahrma, Bunjee, Velenne)

Ice Buffer by GameBear
YES = 1 (Revdyer); NO = 0 ; Pending = 5 ( R˙chean, Jexik, Kahrma, Bunjee, Velenne)

Old March 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
We have some work to do judges; Frozen Foothills has been leaped by a few including myself.
It's set up on my table right now. I hope to have a review of it by Thursday night. I'm driving out to Iowa and Minnesota on Friday and Saturday, so the wait could be as long as next week.

EDIT: One thing I'd like to remind you guys is that it's heavy snow and normal/non-slippery ice on Frozen Foothills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:40 PM

I'll get a couple games in on Frozen Foothills and Fire Isles tonight.

Old March 11th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I find it interesting that in moving Ice Buffer into the active voting status, you (Ry) somehow transferred a Yes vote (with a 0 tally) to me. I've been playing on this map for several weeks now, and my vote for inclusion in the BoV is, indeed, a YES. It is fast, fun, fair (my three f's) and a good solid map. I like it best with ordinary snow and ice, though. The glyph placements are wonderful and random placements work great. I like this map. How you knew that ahead of time will remain a mystery.
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:45 PM

so much to keep up with. Updating now with your YES

Old March 11th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
so much to keep up with. Updating now with your YES
Some say I have no life. I say, "HeroScape map judging is my life."

It's too wet to plow and too damp to swim, right now, in Arkansas.
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I like bunjee's idea to keep up with that format. Consider it stolen!

I vote no to review this one. The Marvel set just adds tiles to this map without really enhancing gameplay. The lack of glyphs coupled with high ground way on the edge seems like it will just be a waiting game to see who is silly enough to attack the other guy's fortified hill first.

Baraxton Falls 2.0 by Sir Pongo/Krackon_02
I vote no to review this map as well. It seems not only biased against walking melee units, but anything without flying, or less than 8 Range. A Q9/Raelin/Laglor/Krav pod can just sit on their side's hill and gun down anything just about anywhere on the map. They won't even need to worry about the glyphs. With such a narrow footprint, no LoS blockers, and a rugged amount of terrain to climb at the start, other armies will just be fodder on this map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I like bunjee's idea to keep up with that format. Consider it stolen!

I vote no to review this one. The Marvel set just adds tiles to this map without really enhancing gameplay. The lack of glyphs coupled with high ground way on the edge seems like it will just be a waiting game to see who is silly enough to attack the other guy's fortified hill first.
Ah...

Well at least I tried

(It's more fun with the wall )

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old March 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM

I have to agree with Jexik on both of his most recent calls.
just doesn't supply anything exceptional for tournament play.

Baraxton Falls 2.0 by Sir Pongo/Krackon_02 is a flyers' map for sure. It looks like great fun to play if you know what is coming up, but not one to throw into a tournament setting.

So, for me, too, two NOs. Sorry, guys.
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Welcome Karma, to the great fun of playtesting tournament maps.
Remember if you make one mistake of voting Yes or No on a map it will haunt you forever! In all seriousness,I know you will be a good job. We shall miss rigger but we couldn't have gotten a better judge for the BoV.

I agree with Jexik and Revdyer on there reviews and beleive they are correct in there points of view.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios