Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Speed Custom Challenge 6: Congrats to capsocrates!

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun getting a little more outside the box to make those two. I pushed some boundaries with the "instead of moving, or instead of attacking" language but it seemed appropriate and I figure Sonlen set a precedent for high-flexibility with the Archmage class. I went with Range 3 to give them non-modifiable values to match the range of their powers, since Heroscape has never had a power that increased the range of anyone with a range less than 4. It gives them some flexibility, but doesn't really make them "ranged" characters like you would normally think of them.

It would be fun to give these characters flying--Lord Nyal, in particular, might actually approach Cyprien in usefulness if he could fly. But I ultimately decided to keep things simple and not overdo it.

I went for Half-Elf with Lady Layn because I wanted to avoid synergies--bringing back dead squad figures is powerful enough! I would have done the same with Lord Nyal (i.e. picked an uncommon species), but Undead was pretty unavoidable for him.

It bothers my OCD that he is Large and she is not, but there is no getting around the figures. It also slightly bothers me that there powers have to be worded so differently to have an "equal" effect like that, but there's no getting around that either.

Thanks for the votes, judges, and thanks for the congratulations, everyone else.

--

Hopefully I'll have time sometime to stop by and share my thoughts on the other designs; I had some great competition!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; July 31st, 2013 at 09:19 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards