Heroscapers

Old December 4th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Arrow Welcome to C3G!!!

Are you new to C3G (Comics Customs Creators Guild)? Are you lost or just don't know where to start?

If you are here then you are looking to spice up your Heroscape game with some Super Heroes. Here is how to get started:

1 - Choose some cards to play with: Check out our C3G Books of Index. There you will be able to browse through all the cards that we have designed.
2 - Get the figures: Each Book in the Index will list below the cards what figures that the card uses. You can purchase these figures from many stores and online stores that sell them. Most of the figures we use are Heroclix figures.
3 - Print the cards: Each Book in the Index has a PDF link under each card. You can download those PDFs by clicking on the links. Save those PDFs to your computer and print them out at home or at a print shop. Then simply cut the cards out from the paper.
4 - C3G has a few of its own specific rules and optional rules, and you can find them in the Books of Index as well.

This is what we have previously created and released: C3G Books of Index
This is what we are creating publicly and are currently releasing: C3G Promotions Dept.
This is where you can go to get started with C3G (Comics Customs Creators Guild): Welcome to C3G!!!

_____________C3G_____________

In the post below is a great list of other threads that may help you find EXACTLY what you are looking for, including a friendly community of gamers that able to help you with all of your C3G needs.

Last edited by Griffin : August 10th, 2012 at 12:03 AM.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old December 7th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun davidlhsl is a penguin with a machine gun
<<< C3G Directory >>>

Welcome!

New to C3G?
> Want to join C3G?
> Want to playtest for C3G?
> Want to know how to playtest for C3G?
> Want to know anything else there is to know about C3G?

C3G Promotions Department
> Secret Wars (2013)
> C3G Events (2013) - Interactive.
> I'm a C3G'er

C3G Cave - Hangout -- Feel free to stop by and say hi!

History

History: The Thread that Started it All
> An informative post about the group's history
> And another great post

April Fool's Day Prank 2011

C3G Product

C3G Books of Index // A blank Book for new designs.
C3G Books Keeper Department
C3G Book of C3G Rules

C3G PDF Generator
X Minus 2 Customs Card Printer
C3G Rectangular Cards - Technically unofficial, but these are really nice.

C3G Sortable Spreadsheet Thread // Spreadsheet Download

C3G FAQ and Errata // C3G Advanced FAQ Download

C3G Power Marker PDF

C3G (Pog) Proxies

C3G Superhero Draft Cards
Top 10 C3G Armies

C3G Shop - a place to spend your playtesting points.

C3G Product Tutorials, Resources, and Discussion

C3G Tutorial

C3G Battle Reports

Secret Wars (2013) - Produced by the Promo Department. Win prizes!

C3G Power Rankings
C3G Synergy Archive

Getting more value out of non-bonding heroes
What does your Glyph Pool look like?

Rebasing Tutorial (Hahma) // Rebasing Tutorial (Grishnakh)
Suggested Bases for Rebasing

List of C3G figures that require customization

C3G Terrain Tutorials Index

C3G Definitive Lists

C3G Strategy Discussion

C3G Question Dump

C3G Requests for Reevaluation

C3G Factions

Super Hero League Heroscape - (Online C3G HS League)
C3G SuperHeroScape Online - courtesy of Snappleman

Modern Cosmic Marvel Workshop
Alpha Flight Workshop

Custom Figure Brainstorming

What Got You Into C3G?

Top 10 C3G Armies

C3G Production and Production Guidelines

C3G Procedures

C3G Rewards Thread
C3G Public Design Post

C3G Playtesting FAQ
C3G Playtesting Sign-Up
C3G Playtesting Strategies, Builds, and Tips

C3G Membership Sign-Up

C3G Map Department
C3G Public Map & Scenario Submissions Thread

C3G Terrain Makers Department

C3G Books Keeper Department

C3G Photo Depository

C3G Community Input
C3G Community Input v 2.0
C3G Public Design Nominations
C3G Requests for Reevaluation

C3G Unreleased Figures

C3G Personnel

Current C3G Members

Current C3G ERB Members

C3G HR Department

C3G Member Interviews

Preservation of old index during transition...
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by A3n : May 12th, 2014 at 04:58 PM.

Old January 8th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Send a message via AIM to GreyOwl Send a message via MSN to GreyOwl Send a message via Skype™ to GreyOwl
Re: The Life Of A C3G Design

Looking good! I would add a line about withdrawing designs that don't generate interest. Also for testing optional rulesets, it may not always be possible on BoV maps, due to the nature of the rules (I'm thinking specifically of the Vehicle Rules, since none of those maps may be big and/or flat enough).

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:35 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Send a message via AIM to NecroBlade Send a message via MSN to NecroBlade Send a message via Yahoo to NecroBlade

I think it looks good as well.

I think it's important to remember, once we get into creating individual threads, that each unit/rule/whatever is still not "yours": it's a C3G design. So those last bits of each paragraph, "Collaborative changes should be expected"? Those are the most important.

193-88
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Old January 8th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Looking good! I would add a line about withdrawing designs that don't generate interest. Also for testing optional rulesets, it may not always be possible on BoV maps, due to the nature of the rules (I'm thinking specifically of the Vehicle Rules, since none of those maps may be big and/or flat enough).
Good points! I think that there will always be some exceptions to the above, especially for optional rules, so I don't think that one's really an issue. I'll add that line about withdrawing (always forget about that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

I think it's important to remember, once we get into creating individual threads, that each unit/rule/whatever is still not "yours": it's a C3G design. So those last bits of each paragraph, "Collaborative changes should be expected"? Those are the most important.
Exactly! As much as I want this to promote individual initiative, the feelings of ownership should be group wide. You're directing the individual project, but it's still a collaborative project.

Old January 8th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Good points! I think that there will always be some exceptions to the above, especially for optional rules, so I don't think that one's really an issue. I'll add that line about withdrawing (always forget about that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

Exactly! As much as I want this to promote individual initiative, the feelings of ownership should be group wide. You're directing the individual project, but it's still a collaborative project.

Thanks to Bats and Griff for getting this thing put together

Great points were made by GreyOwl and Necro.

I was going to suggest it but GO beat me to it, we should have the right (after a vote) to withdrawal someone's design if for whatever reason they are not generating interest after a fair time frame. If someone knows ahead of time that they are going to be on vacation or being extremely busy for an extended period of time, they shouldn't post a design just to hold it until they get back, they should have the courtesy of waiting until they can be "around" to contribute before posting a new design. The great thing about this new way of doing this is if for whatever reason, someone can't participate for a while, they won't hold things up and are welcome to join in when they know it's a good time for them. Conversely, it also allows for those who can stay around and contribute consistently, to have a better chance of getting characters/rules/scenarios etc. that they want created and passed through the C3G system, so you are rewarded for active participation.

Necro's point is great as well in that despite who comes up with the initial design, it's not going to be "theirs" once it's passed through. It's going to be a C3G design. We all know how things look in the beginning and how they look when they are done. We have a variety of people here with a variety of skills and points of view to bring to the table. Some know the game inside and out and the rules like the back of their hand, some are artistically inclined, some know about certain characters more than others and visa versa. What makes for a great C3G card is the passion and various experience levels and points of view of the contributors. Anyone wanting to be involved with this need to know this ahead of time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Old January 8th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Great post, Hahma! And that's why I like keeping the Heroes and Sidekicks only requirement - so people know what it's all about before starting a Design Thread.
I'm not sure if we need to be able to as a group decide to withdraw a design thread. If someone wants to start a thread but then go completely inactive, that's their fault, and we can just ignore it - they won't be able to post any new designs until their design thread goes through the process, so they're only penalizing themselves.
Of course, I suppose there will be some cases where someone claims, for instance, a unit that we're all interested in, and then disappears. If that happens, I can always update the first post in lieu of the original designer or we can vote as a group to close the thread and someone new can step to the plate. Hopefully we won't have many cases where a group decision to lock down a design thread is necessary, but it could come up.
The great thing about C3G, too, is that we can always just vote to make anything happen if circumstances we didn't anticipate arise.

Old January 8th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Thanks and I agree with the rest of what you said.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Old January 8th, 2010, 04:27 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looks good to me. There's nothing about map design or are you expecting all maps to have a scenario attached? Which wouldn't be an issue for me as I don't put up maps without a scenario or two . In the initial thread the scenario design doesn't make it sound like you are designing the map as well just making scenario for an existing map, and I think that's probably the best way to do it. But we should promote Map design as well. Or because this is in a character design thread you don't want to do maps here? I can understand that as well but I think it would be nice to have C3G approved maps.

BTW I never suggested the design side be an open slather event which was why I suggested the sponsorship idea, but hey I'm cool with your reasoning I didn't know you were looking to opening the sidekick role so wide, which is fine & I think works well also. Is there a separate badge for a side kick, as your response made it sound like there should be one & I don't have one.

Cheers

Old January 8th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

I really think that if people are interested in making Maps without Scenarios attached, they're more likely to be competitive maps (there's really no way to playtest non-competitive maps without scenarios attached). The best place for work like that is the Best of Marvel maps thread or the Best of Valhalla maps thread, depending on what people are working on.
Maps are cool and all, but unless they're associated with a scenario, I don't really feel that's the domain of this project.
Ah, and you don't have a badge, do you? Oops! Need to fix that right away.
Go to the User CP screen and then the Group Membership link on the left. Then go to the Comics Customs Creators Guild and click "join group." Let me know you've done so after you do it, so I can go and make sure you're approved. Then, bam, you should have a badge!

Old January 8th, 2010, 06:30 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

So if someone wanted to design a scenario are you saying they can only use approved BOM maps or are you saying that C3G will be approving a scenario if it has it's own map & we put both the scenario & map through scrutiny?

Membership requested .

Cheers

Old January 8th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Send a message via AIM to GreyOwl Send a message via MSN to GreyOwl Send a message via Skype™ to GreyOwl

I actually think we could fill a niche that BoV doesn't by allowing submissions of maps that are not meant for competitive play. Someone may want to build a really cool city map for superhero battles, but it may not have to have a scenario attached to it, right? We'd just have to make it clear that our review of the map is not for competitive purposes, but only for playability, stability, and theme.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project: A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation